WOW.HD for European customers buying US releases?

Open, general discussion of silent films, personalities and history.
  • Author

BenModel

WOW.HD for European customers buying US releases?

PostWed Nov 01, 2017 12:21 pm

Thought I'd start this as a separate thread. I know forum users in the US have bought European releases from European sites, and I was wondering if anyone here who lives outside the US has had experience with a site called "WOW.HD". A fan/customer from Spain recently mentioned it a as a site they've used to buy Grapevine and Warner Archive titles without having to deal with the added customs/int'l fees you get with Amazon. As another (smaller) MOD label, I'd be interested in possible options to make my releases available outside of the US.

Anyone here dealt with "WOW.HD"? Thanks.

Ben
Undercrank Productions - rare silents on DVD/Blu available on Amazon
follow @silentfilmmusic on Twitter
Silent Film Music Podcast available on Apple Podcasts and on Stitcher.

allen john

Re: WOW.HD for European customers buying US releases?

PostWed Nov 01, 2017 1:50 pm

Hi, Ben!

Well, I was considering using it myself, and I found positive info on the French DVDclassik forum: it looks like a perfectly legitimate and safe website. All those from the forum (Reliable people) who tried it said it was really OK. On this discussion around Warner Archive BD releases, they have started this evaluation... Sorry, it's in French: http://www.dvdclassik.com/forum/viewtop ... &start=360

silentmovies742

PostWed Nov 15, 2017 1:54 pm

I used it quite a bit during the summer, as they had cheap prices on the Archive series at the time. They are, I believe, the same people as those behind "AllyourMusic" which sells on Amazon marketplace in the UK. Everything has arrived as described and without any problems. Their prices fluctuate a good deal from one month to the next - sometimes they have bargains, and sometimes not. I notice they are offering the new Kino release of the James Mason film Cop-out/Stranger in the House at the moment, and the new Lost Horizon blu ray was cheap there too, and I would have bought it had it not been made available in the UK a few weeks later.

siriami

PostThu Nov 16, 2017 5:22 am

As a UK DVD/blu ray collector - I have dealt with WowHD for a few years now, and have found them reliable and have never had anything from them stopped at Customs. Probably because they ship them in themselves to the UK and re-send them from there. Prices vary, but I feel it is worth it, knowing that there will be no hassle in importing US titles. And they carry Warner Archive titles, which are notoriously difficult to find here in the UK.
Just my tuppence-worth.
Alistair

Return to Talking About Silents