History of Film Production

Open, general discussion of silent films, personalities and history.
  • Author

fortunatefolly

History of Film Production

PostThu Feb 22, 2018 12:56 pm

I have, what has turned out to be, a pickle of a question. I'm looking for a resource or answer to the following question:

When was a call sheet first used in film production? I've called the Academy, UCLA, and the Producer's Guild and none of them can answer that question, nor point me in the direction of someone who could. Can you all help me out? It's killing me.

Jack Theakston

Re: History of Film Production

PostThu Feb 22, 2018 4:52 pm

Since call sheets were a holdover from the stage days, I'd wager fairly early. However, as far as actual documentation of it goes, a regular mention of it in trades starts in the late 'teens.
J. Theakston
"You get more out of life when you go out to a movie!"

fortunatefolly

PostFri Feb 23, 2018 6:09 pm

Sent you a PM as well. But I would love to talk to you more about this if you had time. What trades were you talking about? Do you know where I can access them? Does the shooting schedule come about in the same time period?

fortunatefolly

PostThu Mar 29, 2018 3:15 pm

I'd like to expand on my first post a bit and include a request for any information anyone may have on the history of movie scheduling in general, one-liners, callsheets, stripboards, whathaveyou. Any information is appreciated.

Thanks,

Return to Talking About Silents