The Official Silents online deals thread

Open, general discussion of silent films, personalities and history.
  • Author
  • Message
Offline
User avatar

Jim Roots

  • Posts: 2480
  • Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:45 pm
  • Location: Ottawa, ON

Re: The Official Silents online deals thread

PostWed Oct 18, 2017 6:01 am

Rick Lanham wrote:The Criterion Flash Sale has begun.
The code to enter is "COOP" and then update your cart.

Rick


Cue the Barnes and Noble Criterion sale! (Usually at the end of October???)

Jim
Offline
User avatar

Brooksie

  • Posts: 2633
  • Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:41 pm
  • Location: Portland, Oregon via Sydney, Australia

Re: The Official Silents online deals thread

PostFri Oct 20, 2017 10:51 am

Eureka have a number of good silent and early sound items from the Masters of Cinema series on sale through to 23 October, including Birth of a Nation, Variety and the full Buster Keaton silent shorts box set.

Details at https://www.eurekavideo.co.uk/news/eurekas-october-sale.
Offline
User avatar

Rick Lanham

  • Posts: 1846
  • Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:16 pm
  • Location: Gainesville, FL

Re: The Official Silents online deals thread

PostWed Nov 01, 2017 7:17 am

Barnes & Nobel 50% Criterion titles Sale!

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/b/the-cr ... f/_/N-2o7e

Rick
“The past is never dead. It's not even past” - Faulkner.
Offline
User avatar

s.w.a.c.

  • Posts: 1667
  • Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:27 pm
  • Location: The Land of Evangeline

Re: The Official Silents online deals thread

PostSun Nov 12, 2017 6:51 am

Kino-Lorber is clearing out its remaining Buster Keaton DVDs and blu-rays for $5.99/$6.99.

Titles include:

The Saphead
Seven Chances
Go West/Battling Butler
Our Hospitality (DVD only)
The Navigator
Lost Keaton: Educational Pictures shorts from 1934-37 (DVD only)
Twinkletoes wrote:Oh, ya big blister!
Offline
User avatar

Jim Roots

  • Posts: 2480
  • Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:45 pm
  • Location: Ottawa, ON

Re: The Official Silents online deals thread

PostSun Nov 12, 2017 8:52 am

s.w.a.c. wrote:Kino-Lorber is clearing out its remaining Buster Keaton DVDs and blu-rays for $5.99/$6.99.

Titles include:

The Saphead
Seven Chances
Go West/Battling Butler
Our Hospitality (DVD only)
The Navigator
Lost Keaton: Educational Pictures shorts from 1934-37 (DVD only)


That reminds me: the Keaton talkies set, is it captioned? Kino's PR never mentions captioning, but I think they released the Educational set after they accepted the policy of captioning all talkies.

Jim
Offline
User avatar

s.w.a.c.

  • Posts: 1667
  • Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:27 pm
  • Location: The Land of Evangeline

Re: The Official Silents online deals thread

PostMon Nov 13, 2017 10:10 am

Jim Roots wrote:That reminds me: the Keaton talkies set, is it captioned? Kino's PR never mentions captioning, but I think they released the Educational set after they accepted the policy of captioning all talkies.

Just checked my blu-ray of the Educational set, and there are no subtitles/captions. Presumably, the DVD set is the same.
Twinkletoes wrote:Oh, ya big blister!
Offline
User avatar

Jim Roots

  • Posts: 2480
  • Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:45 pm
  • Location: Ottawa, ON

Re: The Official Silents online deals thread

PostMon Nov 13, 2017 10:12 am

s.w.a.c. wrote:
Jim Roots wrote:That reminds me: the Keaton talkies set, is it captioned? Kino's PR never mentions captioning, but I think they released the Educational set after they accepted the policy of captioning all talkies.

Just checked my blu-ray of the Educational set, and there are no subtitles/captions. Presumably, the DVD set is the same.


Thanks, Stephen.

Jim
Offline
User avatar

35MM

  • Posts: 338
  • Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:41 am

Re: The Official Silents online deals thread

PostWed Nov 22, 2017 9:32 am

10 Blu-rays for 50 EUR
Amazon de. Might even be less if VAT is subtracted. Includes silents and some classics.

10 Blu-rays for 50 EUR
CURSES!
Previous

Return to Talking About Silents

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests