A Star is Born... after 3 hours

Open, general discussion of classic sound-era films, personalities and history.
  • Author

David Menefee

Re: A Star is Born... after 3 hours

PostSat May 06, 2017 4:38 pm

No joke. This new remake stars Cooper, Stefani Germanotta, Sam Elliott, Andrew Dice Clay, and Dave Chapelle. It is currently scheduled for released on September 28, 2018 by Warner Bros. Pictures.

As for the proposed Clint Eastwood-direction remake, Beyoncé left the project back in 2012, Eastwood tried to keep attached while searching for a replacement, but Warner Bros. moved the project onto Cooper's table for his directorial debut. Filming began on April 17, 2017. Hold onto your press releases: Gaga is said to be credited by her given name. (No, it's not Lucifer.)

boblipton

PostSat May 06, 2017 4:52 pm

Despite the understandable snarling about Lady Gaga, I have met her. She's a nice girl from Queens, who trained in opera and the Great American songbook, but decided that if the public would pay for a freak show, that's what she'd give them.

Bob
Film is not the art of scholars, but of illiterates.

-- Werner Herzog

Donald Binks

PostSat May 06, 2017 6:29 pm

boblipton wrote:Despite the understandable snarling about Lady Gaga, I have met her. She's a nice girl from Queens, who trained in opera and the Great American songbook, but decided that if the public would pay for a freak show, that's what she'd give them.

Bob

It's such a pity that the tastes of the general public have dwindled to such a low ebb that we find talented artistes who have to virtually prostitute themselves in order to be appreciated. I was quite taken aback by "Lady Gaga" when she proved that as a modern pop singer, she could actually sing when she sang music I knew at one of the Academy Awards shows. (I think it was a potpourri of songs from "The Sound of Music")
Regards from
Donald Binks

"I tawt I taw a Pooty Tat. I did! I did taw a Pooty Tat!
Previous

Return to Talking About Talkies