The Oscars 2017

Open, general discussion of classic sound-era films, personalities and history.
  • Author

drednm

Re: The Oscars 2017

PostWed Mar 01, 2017 8:40 pm

Moonlight is a perfectly OK film, but nothing about it puts it in Oscar quality mode in any category. Yet another 90-minute movie packed into an almost 2-hour running time that seemed much longer. A graphic after-school TV movie at best. Back to Redbox you go!
Ed Lorusso
Writer/Historian
-------------
http://www.amazon.com/Edward-Lorusso/e/ ... 203&sr=8-1

silentfilm

PostThu Mar 02, 2017 1:00 pm

Jimmy Kimmel has a "feud" with actor Matt Damon, much like the Jack Benny/Fred Allen feud of old. Kimmel always ends his show with "I'm sorry, but we didn't have time for Matt Damon" (on the show tonight.) Just two weeks ago, Damon "sneaked" on the show pretending to be Super Bowl quarterback Tom Brady. Kimmel was "mad" when Damon was discovered, but it is all just an act. We watch Kimmel 3-4 times a week and he can be quite funny.

While the tour bus segment was a bit funny, I felt sorry for the tourists who were paraded in front of some of the richest people in the world, who were in all of their finery.

wingate

PostThu Mar 02, 2017 4:30 pm

I visited all of these and we stayed at the Roosevelt Hotel on the CTA trip about 12 years ago.Anyone else on this site remember it.
Will never forget Halloween at this hotel.All hell seemed to break out

maliejandra

PostFri Mar 03, 2017 7:00 am

You felt sorry for the tourists? The Oscars is a pretty sweet stop on a sightseeing tour. I can't imagine any of them were embarrassed to not be equally attired.
Previous

Return to Talking About Talkies