"Blur" Ray still on road... Why ???

Open, general discussion of classic sound-era films, personalities and history.
  • Author

All Darc

"Blur" Ray still on road... Why ???

PostThu Mar 30, 2017 8:24 pm

I ask myself when engineers will create decent grain reduction tecnics with affordable cost, and when Blu Ray authoring will cease destroy textures and stop adding waxy poor detail look in what I called "Blur" Ray":

http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film6/blu-ray_ ... lu-ray.htm

80's film stock and the screen captures show just a blur effect, no good textures, no good sharpness.
What a shame.

That's why I keep saying HD it's most times a lie. We are not watching true HD, no watching true original camera negative images, and we are getting worse dynamix range (crushed shadows) by using LED TVs than the dynamics of CRT TVs, this without talking about crap view angles.
It's not like many people tell. There is whole bunch of lies, tricks. We have not a great definiton, not true details or true textures in many cases, and in other cases textures that disapeer with even very slow moviments.
This is not a great technology, it's lie. It's not cristaline detailed, it's not great as they said.

And there is a lot of 4K disks that are a piece of lie, just interpolation from 2K files.

People like to be made of dumb fools. I'm tired of blind people. Tired of this "digital snake oil".

A industry that decieves people.
Keep thinking...

Phototone

Re: "Blur" Ray still on road... Why ???

PostFri Mar 31, 2017 12:11 pm

What 4K discs specifically are interpolations of 2K sources?

Saint-Just

PostFri Mar 31, 2017 4:03 pm

I, myself, am tired of your ceaseless whining.

All Darc

PostFri Mar 31, 2017 8:27 pm

I have not a list, but I remamber that in Blu-Ray.com they have many reviews and many 4K blu ray disks are said to be converted from 2K sources.

I know I can sound annoying... But someone must point the lies in this industry.

Phototone wrote:What 4K discs specifically are interpolations of 2K sources?
Keep thinking...

Scott Eckhardt

PostThu May 11, 2017 9:06 pm

You must have either inferior tvs or inferior blu ray players. I watch on a 50 inch flat screen and a 32 inch flat screen on a Panasonic and a Samsung blu ray player. Every blu ray disc I own looks stunning. Gorgeous. Like the film is being projected onto my screen.

Marr&Colton

PostFri May 12, 2017 4:42 am

I've been involved with Blu-Ray classic films for years and project on a large screen. While some transfers are better than others, 95% of the discs I've bought are gorgeous quality, much better than average 35mm prints. (I collected 35mm for many years and showed in theatres as well as home so I know how 35mm reissue prints could be soft or grainy.)

The 5% were transfers that look like the original DVD transfer and not HD. For an example, I just bought SILK STOCKINGS (1957) and the transfer is grainy, but acceptable.

Return to Talking About Talkies