ON WITH THE SHOW! (1929)

Open, general discussion of classic sound-era films, personalities and history.
  • Author

earlytalkiebuffRob

ON WITH THE SHOW! (1929)

PostSat Aug 19, 2017 2:02 pm

Last night I watched this fascinating movie, which was unfortunately missing the last few minutes. The film cut off during the wedding-dress number which came after Betty Compson explains the mystery of her secret marriage. Could anyone upload the missing part, please?

Scott Eckhardt

Re: ON WITH THE SHOW! (1929)

PostSun Aug 20, 2017 10:30 am

earlytalkiebuffRob wrote:Last night I watched this fascinating movie, which was unfortunately missing the last few minutes. The film cut off during the wedding-dress number which came after Betty Compson explains the mystery of her secret marriage. Could anyone upload the missing part, please?

The rest consisted of Nita French lamenting that she was getting too old to continue being a star: "Return to the stage life, Mrs. Wallace?" "Never, never. I'm entirely too happy!" "Meaning, too old, "a brief reprise of the musical highlights, dialouge about the show being a success: "I'm afraid you're going to have a hit on your hands!" Nita to Kitty: "Go ahead and take your bows! Take them while you can get them", and the entire cast crossing the stage to take bows. (I just rewatched this about a week ago).

unipal

PostFri Aug 25, 2017 6:42 pm

earlytalkiebuffRob wrote:Last night I watched this fascinating movie, which was unfortunately missing the last few minutes. The film cut off during the wedding-dress number which came after Betty Compson explains the mystery of her secret marriage. Could anyone upload the missing part, please?

Here are the last ten minutes of the movie:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqlYtvyjD-8

David Alp

PostSat Aug 26, 2017 5:57 pm

I always forget? How much of "On With The Show" was in Technicolor? Was it ALL-Technicolor? Or was that "Show Of Shows"?

unipal

PostSat Aug 26, 2017 6:56 pm

"On With The Show" was all-Technicolor. It was advertised as "the first 100% natural color picture".

earlytalkiebuffRob

PostSun Aug 27, 2017 3:45 am

unipal wrote:

Here are the last ten minutes of the movie:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqlYtvyjD-8

Thank you very much for that. Will attempt to watch it via the TV set, otherwise will settle for watching on the laptop.

Return to Talking About Talkies