SEX LIVES OF THE POTATO MEN (2004)

Open, general discussion of classic sound-era films, personalities and history.
  • Author

earlytalkiebuffRob

SEX LIVES OF THE POTATO MEN (2004)

PostMon Mar 12, 2018 2:13 pm

A few days ago I had a donation to my shop of a heap of DVDs including the above-mentioned film. A friend then commented on how dreadful it was, echoing Mark Kermode in 'The Good, the Bad and the Multiplex'. It sold the next day for the princely sum of £1.00 ($1.39) to a customer who was very pleased* with his purchase. Anyone out there seen it??

*Even more so now I see the cheapest copy on Amazon UK is £5+...
Last edited by earlytalkiebuffRob on Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spiny Norman

Re: SEX LIVES OF THE POTATO MEN (2004)

PostMon Mar 12, 2018 4:56 pm

Oh, block this guy please, it's another spa...-- oh sorry. ;) ;)
earlytalkiebuffRob wrote:A few days ago I had a donation to my shop of a heap of DVDs including the above-mentioned film. A friend then commented on how dreadful it was, echoing Mark Kermode in 'The Good, the Bad and the Multiplex'. It sold the next day fro the princely sum of £1.00 ($1,39) to a customer who was very pleased with his purchase. Anyone out there seen it??
There are trailers and clips on youtube - although I personally didn't click through to any. But that should give you a fair idea?
This is nøt å signåture.™

boblipton

PostMon Mar 12, 2018 5:01 pm

What the heck were you looking at on Youtube that led you to something titled "Sex Life of the Potato Men"?

Never mind. I don't want to know.

Bob
New and vigorous impulses seem to me to be at work in it,[the cinema] and doubtless before long it will drop all slavish copying of the stage and strike out along fresh paths. -- Sir Herbert Beerbohm Tree

Spiny Norman

PostMon Mar 12, 2018 6:43 pm

boblipton wrote:What the heck were you looking at on Youtube that led you to something titled "Sex Life of the Potato Men"?

Bob
Just checking if this was actually a real thing. April is still weeks away.

Danny Burk

PostMon Mar 12, 2018 6:54 pm

Whipped? Buttered? With sour cream? The possibilities for potato kinkiness are endless.

Spiny Norman

PostMon Mar 12, 2018 6:56 pm

Danny Burk wrote:Whipped? Buttered? With sour cream? The possibilities for potato kinkiness are endless.
People will be eating them next!

Mike Gebert

Site Admin

PostMon Mar 12, 2018 7:32 pm

I watched a clip. It was a naughty bit based on sniggering humor over a misunderstanding. Except... it wasn't a misunderstanding, it was two older women behaving like no one in the history of the human race, straight-faced. Robin Askwith, we hardly knew ye.
“Sentimentality is when it doesn't come off—when it does, you get a true expression of life's sorrows.” —Alain-Fournier

boblipton

PostMon Mar 12, 2018 7:46 pm

Spiny Norman wrote:
boblipton wrote:What the heck were you looking at on Youtube that led you to something titled "Sex Life of the Potato Men"?

Bob

And now Google is going to follow you around for eternity with that. You and Mike. I can just imagine the wake.

Bob
New and vigorous impulses seem to me to be at work in it,[the cinema] and doubtless before long it will drop all slavish copying of the stage and strike out along fresh paths. -- Sir Herbert Beerbohm Tree

Spiny Norman

PostTue Mar 13, 2018 2:20 pm

boblipton wrote:
Spiny Norman wrote:

Bob

And now Google is going to follow you around for eternity with that. You and Mike. I can just imagine the wake.

Bob
Adds around webpages that I visit still show surprising little relation to potatoes.

Anyway I'll be okay: I survived watching the 1907 Pig dancing in the nude too. I've not been haunted by either pork or fries.

Return to Talking About Talkies