2018 TCM Film Festival Highlighted by Special Programs

Open, general discussion of classic sound-era films, personalities and history.
  • Author

missdupont

2018 TCM Film Festival Highlighted by Special Programs

PostTue May 01, 2018 11:27 am

While TCM Film Festival screens many well known films, it also offers rare programs like the chance to visit the ASC Clubhouse, attend a preview of the Mostly Lost Film Festival, see the world premiere of a documentary about the Mary Astor divorce trial scandal, hear a Fotoplayer concert, and see historians and performers in discussion about the industry and its slow evolution. This year featured appearances and performances by such Nitrateville regulars as Ben Model, Rodney Sauer, and Rob Stone. Here's my review of this year's Festival.
https://ladailymirror.com/2018/05/01/ma ... -programs/

linquist

Re: 2018 TCM Film Festival Highlighted by Special Programs

PostWed May 02, 2018 7:06 am

My sister and her husband attended the festival and managed to appear in the TCM video that was put together to celebrate the festival. They are the couple waving at the end.

Decotodd

Re: 2018 TCM Film Festival Highlighted by Special Programs

PostWed May 09, 2018 4:02 pm

Your description of the Soviet-style breadline que was also my experience the last time I attended two years ago. Seems like there must be a better way to accommodate audience members. In its first couple of years, it was easy to just walk into almost everything with not much of a line.

However, it sounds like there were a lot of interesting presentations for those of us who have seen most of the warhorses they tend to show. Maybe I'll give it another try next year.
Democracy depends on informed citizens and elections have consequences -- vote!

Return to Talking About Talkies