Le Roi des Champs-Élysées (1934)

Open, general discussion of classic sound-era films, personalities and history.
  • Author

Little Caesar

Le Roi des Champs-Élysées (1934)

PostMon Jul 11, 2011 2:02 pm

In the past several years, I've been amazed to see the amount of Buster Keaton material that has been made available in fairly excellent quality. So, with all of this interest in Keaton, I have wondered why this particular title has never had an official release. I've never had the chance to see it, but from what I can gather it seems to be a good movie (at least in comparison to his MGM talkies - I'm not expecting The General or Sherlock Jr. by any means). Are there any rumblings of a potential DVD release for this movie? Given that Kino has released so much Keaton material on DVD and now blu-ray, you would think that this would be a title of some interest to them. Is this film pd or still under copyright?

Metaldams

Re: Le Roi des Champs-Élysées (1934)

PostSun Dec 17, 2017 7:42 pm

Sorry for bumping up an old thread, but I too am interested in anyone has information pertaining to this film, especially with English subtitles. I'd buy this in a heart beat.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... khWDJnWdqx" target="_blank

Click above to see why I'm the loudest silent film fan in the world. \m/

radiotelefonia

PostMon Dec 18, 2017 12:09 am

Metaldams wrote:Sorry for bumping up an old thread, but I too am interested in anyone has information pertaining to this film, especially with English subtitles. I'd buy this in a heart beat.

Spanish subtitles already exist for this film, this video was recorded from RTVE, so it is a mattter of translating them and keeping the syncronization.

Even though I have seen better presentations of this same video, I don't recommend this version.

Metaldams

PostSat Jan 20, 2018 9:55 am

radiotelefonia wrote:
Metaldams wrote:Sorry for bumping up an old thread, but I too am interested in anyone has information pertaining to this film, especially with English subtitles. I'd buy this in a heart beat.

Spanish subtitles already exist for this film, this video was recorded from RTVE, so it is a mattter of translating them and keeping the syncronization.

Even though I have seen better presentations of this same video, I don't recommend this version.

Thanks. You know, translating may be a good idea, they have search engine translators for that. I'll try my best, as English is my only language.

boblipton

PostSat Jan 20, 2018 10:05 am

Metaldams wrote:
radiotelefonia wrote:

Thanks. You know, translating may be a good idea, they have search engine translators for that. I'll try my best, as English is my only language.

Thanks to my many years on the Internet, I am fluent in gibberish. Let me know if I can be of assistance.

Bob
If no one listens, then it’s just as well. At least I won’t get caught in any lies I tell.
— Joe Darion

Metaldams

PostSun Jan 21, 2018 10:01 pm

Thank you Bob, I appreciate that.

VaneWimsey

PostTue Jul 10, 2018 2:31 pm

DVD with English subtitles, $14 with free shipping:

https://www.ioffer.com/i/the-king-of-th ... -147093171" target="_blank