Wallpaper

Site FAQs, calendar of festivals and other helpful tools.
  • Author

Jim Roots

Wallpaper

PostWed Jun 24, 2009 7:36 am

Anybody know of good sites for computer wallpaper or screen savers featuring classic film stars? Marx Brothers, Keaton, etc...

Jim

Harlett O'Dowd

Re: Wallpaper

PostWed Jun 24, 2009 8:56 am

Jim Roots wrote:Anybody know of good sites for computer wallpaper or screen savers featuring classic film stars? Marx Brothers, Keaton, etc...

Jim

What I've done is download jpgs I've liked over the years and used the "My Pictures Slideshow" option under Control Panel/Display/Screensavers. (Note - that's in XP - don't know if Vista or any of the other current OS offer a similar feature.)

If your OS does not support something like that, you may want to download webshots and create your own photo library. That should do the same thing for you.

I now have an unlikely melange of vintage family photos, holiday snaps, vintage film and stage (including moi) - and the dogs. Whenever I return to my desk, there's always something to make me smile.

Mike Gebert

Site Admin

PostWed Jun 24, 2009 9:29 am

Doctor Macro has large scans:

http://www.doctormacro1.info/

I also love the vintage photos at Shorpy.com. Rarely have celebrities in them, but incredible slices of real life anywhere from the 1890s to the 1960s.
“Sentimentality is when it doesn't come off—when it does, you get a true expression of life's sorrows.” —Alain-Fournier

Return to Useful Info