Missing contributor

Comments related to the operation of NitrateVille.
  • Author

busby1959

Missing contributor

PostWed May 11, 2016 1:32 pm

I'm going off the topic, but has anyone been in contact with a NitrateVille member whose screen name is entredeuxguerres? I haven't seen any posts from his lately, which is odd as he was on the site on a daily basis. I've contacted a man we've both purchased DVDs from and he hasn't heard from him lately either.

Mike Gebert

Site Admin

Re: Missing contributor

PostWed May 11, 2016 1:50 pm

The best approach in such cases is usually to look at the thread of their last post and see if there are clues.
“Sentimentality is when it doesn't come off—when it does, you get a true expression of life's sorrows.” —Alain-Fournier

drednm

PostWed May 11, 2016 2:37 pm

Hope all is OK.... it's been weeks since his last note. I have some information but no phone number or direct email....
Ed Lorusso
Writer/Historian
-------------
http://www.amazon.com/Edward-Lorusso/e/ ... 203&sr=8-1

busby1959

PostWed May 11, 2016 2:44 pm

I sent him a private message about a week and a half ago but it was never opened. I really hope he's alright.

earlytalkiebuffRob

PostWed May 11, 2016 2:49 pm

busby1959 wrote:I sent him a private message about a week and a half ago but it was never opened. I really hope he's alright.

Have done the same. Hopefully it's just some problem with his Internet connection and is being sorted.

earlytalkiebuffRob

PostWed May 11, 2016 3:08 pm

The thread 'From Caligari to Hitler on TCM' seems to have got very heated, with accusations of racism as thick as bluebottles round a cow-pat. Perhaps 'entredeuxguerres' got rather fed up with this and decided to take a break, especially as there were near threats of banning him from the site. I've not looked too closely at the postings, but I suspect there was the odd misunderstanding amongst the debators.

drednm

PostWed May 11, 2016 3:41 pm

I sent his copy of Ducks and Drakes and not a word from him. Not like him at all.
Ed Lorusso
Writer/Historian
-------------
http://www.amazon.com/Edward-Lorusso/e/ ... 203&sr=8-1

Scott Eckhardt

PostWed May 11, 2016 6:40 pm

I just sent him a PM as well. We have chatted privately a few times. I really hope he is OK.

Donald Binks

PostWed May 11, 2016 6:49 pm

I have his address and so would a few others - perhaps someone Stateside might be able to look up his number in the 'phone book and try and ring him up?

I also hope that everything is alright with him. One gets to miss his wonderful knowledge of the English language.
Regards from
Donald Binks

"I was in love with a beautiful blonde one time. She led me to drink. It's the only thing I'm thankful to her for."

boblipton

PostThu May 12, 2016 6:28 am

I tracked down Entredeuxguerres and just had a pleasant 30 minute conversation with him. He is well. He's rather pleased with the extra leisure time that not being on Nitrateville affords him. We discussed how I would express his reasons for leaving and, leaving out some of his more colorful phrases, he felt it was time to move on.

Bob
To remain ignorant of what occurred before before you were born is to remain forever a child.
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero

Scott Eckhardt

PostThu May 12, 2016 9:38 am

boblipton wrote:I tracked down Entredeuxguerres and just had a pleasant 30 minute conversation with him. He is well. He's rather pleased with the extra leisure time that not being on Nitrateville affords him. We discussed how I would express his reasons for leaving and, leaving out some of his more colorful phrases, he felt it was time to move on.

Bob

Just glad that nothing happened to him.

busby1959

PostThu May 12, 2016 10:21 am

boblipton wrote:I tracked down Entredeuxguerres and just had a pleasant 30 minute conversation with him. He is well. He's rather pleased with the extra leisure time that not being on Nitrateville affords him. We discussed how I would express his reasons for leaving and, leaving out some of his more colorful phrases, he felt it was time to move on.

Bob

Thank you, Bob. Glad to hear he's alright and I can understand where he's coming from. I did the same thing with imdb a few years ago.

earlytalkiebuffRob

PostThu May 12, 2016 2:45 pm

That is a relief. Perhaps he just found things a bit too heated at times or maybe felt he was spending a bit too much time on the site. With any luck he will return to the fold eventually...

FrankFay

PostTue Aug 16, 2016 4:35 pm

I wasn't aware of his departure until I was informed of it this past weekend. In retrospect the air seems sweeter.

I don't wish him any personal harm, but I do not want him back.
Eric Stott

earlytalkiebuffRob

PostSat Sep 23, 2017 2:16 pm

FrankFay wrote:I wasn't aware of his departure until I was informed of it this past weekend. In retrospect the air seems sweeter.

I don't wish him any personal harm, but I do not want him back.

Would not have said 'sweeter'. Definitely less salty and vinegary, which to me is not a good thing. May have been a bit of a testy fellow, but a character...

Return to Site Chat