Anyone having 522 errors?

Comments related to the operation of NitrateVille.
  • Author

Mike Gebert

Site Admin

Anyone having 522 errors?

PostWed Jun 22, 2016 6:06 am

One member is having repeated issues with receiving "522 error" messages, which is related to Cloudflare, which is a way of managing server demand.

Anyone else receiving such error messages? I've never seen one myself, anyone else?
“Sentimentality is when it doesn't come off—when it does, you get a true expression of life's sorrows.” —Alain-Fournier

countryslicker

Re: Anyone having 522 errors?

PostWed Jun 22, 2016 4:48 pm

I've been getting this error every day on and off for the past week, so have had to give up most times and try again later.

I took a screen snapshot - it shows "You - Browser working", Melbourne - CloudFlare working" and "Host Error - NitrateVille". The suggestion offered is to contact NitrateVille :roll: (Melbourne refers to Melbourne Australia)

Mike Gebert

Site Admin

PostWed Jun 22, 2016 11:01 pm

Well, it's interesting that the original member complaining about this is also Australian.

I think it has something to do with the internet getting tired traveling that far, or the swirls in your flushed toilets going the reverse direction, or something...
“Sentimentality is when it doesn't come off—when it does, you get a true expression of life's sorrows.” —Alain-Fournier

countryslicker

PostThu Jun 23, 2016 12:09 am

I think it's because the USA is not a metric country, and you guys also drive on the wrong side of the road, and you also only have 110V instead of 240V to power the Nitrateville website..... :lol:

boblipton

PostThu Jun 23, 2016 4:24 am

I thought it was an allergy to wombats.

Bob
The matter is complicated, and I shall proceed to complicate it still more.

-- Avram Davidson

Spiny Norman

PostThu Jun 23, 2016 6:16 am

Perhaps because it's from Australia it should be read upside down, so it's a 255 error.

Wouldn't it be cool if NV had a 404 page of melting film? :idea:
This is nøt å signåture.™

Donald Binks

PostThu Jun 23, 2016 4:02 pm

Once upolly-tito, in a land far awale, a man being an aficcionadole of the Internetty and old filmys tried to natterbode on Niteratty-villipoo all tidy there, but the Compule all problemiel and tried to connect with a fingery twizzlit on the buttony there with much sweary . Folly, folly. Nothing happenybode only a noter with connectors non-worky. The Laptoppers was nearly throwny out the windlepode. However despile this complicatey-most advanceage in technoloppers a smileage facebole was obtained eventualode when the trickley-how of keys enabled a connecty at long last! Deep joy!

(With apologies to the late Stanley Unwin)
Regards from
Donald Binks

"So, she said: "Elly, it's no use letting Lou have the sherry glasses..."She won't appreciate them,
she won't polish them..."You know what she's like." So I said:..."

Return to Site Chat