Mozilla Concern

Comments related to the operation of NitrateVille.
  • Author

Jim Roots

Mozilla Concern

PostFri Sep 23, 2016 1:42 pm

I recently downloaded Mozilla Firefox into my home laptop and was puzzled to find NitrateVille, alone among all the websites I visit, shows up on it with a quite narrow visual spread. The margins on both sides are nearly two inches wide.

I had been using Internet Explorer at home, and NV fills the sides on that screen. Ditto on both Explorer and Firefox on my office computers.

Anybody know why it would show up squashed on the latest version of Firefox? Anybody got any suggestions for fixing the problem? (Going "full screen" didn't fix it.)

Jim

boblipton

Re: Mozilla Concern

PostFri Sep 23, 2016 4:20 pm

I get a narrow field for most of my sites using Firefox on an IMac. One site -- lileks.com/bleat -- comes up with teeny little print like I should have teeny little eyes. So I read that on my IPad.

Bob
To remain ignorant of what occurred before before you were born is to remain forever a child.
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero

Danny Burk

PostFri Sep 23, 2016 7:37 pm

Jim - hit Control + and you'll enlarge everything on the screen (Control - will, of course, do the reverse).

Jim Roots

PostSat Sep 24, 2016 5:43 pm

Danny Burk wrote:Jim - hit Control + and you'll enlarge everything on the screen (Control - will, of course, do the reverse).

GENIUS!

Why does that little fix-it never show up in how-to manuals or on-line instructions?

Thanks, Danny!

Jim

Return to Site Chat