Nitrateville's Landmark

Comments related to the operation of NitrateVille.
  • Author

Chris Snowden

Nitrateville's Landmark

PostFri Mar 11, 2011 6:20 pm

Just an idle observation---

Sometime this weekend (if not later today), somebody will write Nitrateville's 50,000th post.

Congrats to Mayor Gebert and the other moderators! Nitrateville's alive and thriving, as other online forums have become spam-ridden ghettoes or over-moderated dictatorships.
-------------------------------------
Chris Snowden
https://televisiondiary.wordpress.com

Mike Gebert

Site Admin

PostFri Mar 11, 2011 8:00 pm

Thanks, Chris, but really— thanks to everyone who comes here, participates interestingly and thoughtfully and in a way that hardly requires any moderation. It is a pleasure to have you all for company every day, and to learn so much from you.
“Sentimentality is when it doesn't come off—when it does, you get a true expression of life's sorrows.” —Alain-Fournier

Michael O'Regan

PostSat Mar 12, 2011 2:16 am

This is, indeed, an excellent site. I'never before come across more information on the silent and classic era in one place.

:)

boblipton

PostSat Mar 12, 2011 9:49 am

On to 100,000.

Bob
Film is not the art of scholars, but of illiterates.

-- Werner Herzog

Mike Gebert

Site Admin

PostSat Mar 12, 2011 10:23 am

Well that's no fun: looks like #50,000 was a behind the scenes post about someone who was having trouble logging in. A little hard to tell because the unique post numbers include deleted posts, spam, etc., but the total reflects only posts still up at that moment.
“Sentimentality is when it doesn't come off—when it does, you get a true expression of life's sorrows.” —Alain-Fournier

bobfells

PostSat Mar 12, 2011 8:45 pm

I have been a proud member of the N'ville community for over a year now. I came here as a refugee from one of those "over-moderated dictatorships" referred to above and I have enjoyed the professionalism and friendliness of this site. Thank you.

earlytalkie

Re:

PostThu Jun 27, 2013 10:15 am

Michael O'Regan wrote:This is, indeed, an excellent site. I'never before come across more information on the silent and classic era in one place.

:)

Just a note to express my appreciation for an educational and respectful site. My opinions might not always be shared with those with whom I communicate, but the conversation is always respectful and polite. I recently wiped my membership in Sitcoms On Line due to heavy political posturing and downright nasty posters. I appreciate the fact that here we discuss the topics close to our heart. I truly believe that politics and religion have no place on a website dedicated to facets of the entertainment industry. I thank the moderators here for keeping this site fun and useful. I learn something new almost every day by browsing the various posts.

Mike Gebert

Site Admin

Re: Nitrateville's Landmark

PostThu Jun 27, 2013 12:54 pm

Thanks. I'm sure there are detractors in obscure corners of the internet, but I am pleased every day to find what friendly, interested and helpful people manage to make happen together here for no reason more complex than the simple enjoyment of the subject and each other's company. So thank you all.

Return to Site Chat