3-D Film Archive

Talk about the work of collecting, restoring and preserving our film heritage here.
  • Author

JFK

Flo Ziegfeld Presents Lupino Lane in 3-D (almost)

PostTue Aug 23, 2016 7:06 am

ImageImageImageImageImage

Bob Furmanek

Re: 3-D Film Archive

PostTue Aug 23, 2016 2:10 pm

Excellent, thank you very much for sharing!

Bob Furmanek

PostSun Sep 11, 2016 11:59 am

Yes, there is a connection between 3-D, Jerry Lewis and Star Trek!

Last edited by silentfilm on Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Embedded YouTube link

Bob Furmanek

PostSun Mar 05, 2017 1:30 pm

I'm pleased to announce that we have just recorded our first feature commentary track. I had the great pleasure of joining Hillary Hess and Jack Theakston to discuss all aspects of THOSE REDHEADS FROM SEATTLE.

Throughout the 90 minutes, we cover the films production and limited 3-D release; the recently solved mystery of the origin of the Paravision camera and the technical challenges of filming in dual-35mm 3-D; the pioneering use of widescreen framing and the lost three-channel stereophonic sound; Lionel Lindon's outstanding and complex three-dimensional compositions; my decades long search for missing 3-D elements and so much more. In addition, Archive Technical Director Greg Kintz joins us for a ten-minute segment to describe the many challenges that he faced with bringing this stereoscopic gem back to life.

THOSE REDHEADS FROM SEATTLE are coming to 3-D Blu-ray from Kino Lorber in May 2017. Don't miss "3-D's big musical gal-stacked frolic!" http://www.3dfilmarchive.com/those-redh ... om-seattle

Previous

Return to Collecting and Preservation