# 3 - Lost 35mm Nitrate Film FOUND ! ( NEWLY-UPGRADED VER.)

Talk about the work of collecting, restoring and preserving our film heritage here.
  • Author

Silencebound

# 3 - Lost 35mm Nitrate Film FOUND ! ( NEWLY-UPGRADED VER.)

PostSat Jan 25, 2014 1:07 am

Hi, you there ! Many thanks, whether due or undue, is to you all who clicked and viewed my previous two found film fragments here in this site. :mrgreen: Yep, there's another new found 35mm fragment of something Italian-origin entry being shown at YouTube in 1080p presentation. Pity enough, it only runs for flat 30 seconds ! Sorry, although only slightly over a week to completed the third 35mm fragment with red-tinted Italian language intertitles along with 510 scanned frames. See if you can read it as to googled for English-translation, but is somewhat badly English-grammared that I don't get the dramatic meaning in this film. It would be more appreciatedly if our Nitrateville fans who can polish the translation . . . :?

Last edited by Silencebound on Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please click this URL https://www.facebook.com/Silencebound1/ and become a new member to get instant informations and resourced topics.

Arndt

Re: # 3 - Lost 35mm Nitrate Film FOUND !

PostSat Jan 25, 2014 4:34 am

Okay, my Italian is pretty rudimentary, but here goes:

"Come sta la piccolina?" can mean "How is the little one?", but here "How are you, little one?" seems more appropriate.

"Se non mi sbarazzate... non posso muovermi." should mean "If you do not free me...how can I move?", but here "If you do not get these things off me...how can I get out?" seems to fit the bill better.
"The greatest cinematic experience is the human face and it seems to me that silent films can teach us to read it anew." - Wim Wenders

David Alp

PostTue Jan 28, 2014 7:13 pm

Wow what an incredible job once again you have achieved there! I am so impressed by the quality. Where do you find all of these nitrate film clips?

Silencebound

PostTue Jan 28, 2014 11:35 pm

From UK, as I've mentioned about the discovery of some 35mm fragments at the other pages of this forum. But, well however, I am upset :cry: and quite dissatisfied with this # 3 fragment project that the 30-seconds moving picture showed wobbling forth-back a bit, so violently. It's why that I wrongly rotated the tilted frame picture back to it's original levelness as that probably have caused it to be 'shrunken-down' by itself unexpectedly. Please view it again and observe it carefully, as you'll notice at the far left of the cropped frames. I will have to have it redone again but let's leave this uploaded YT video here for a while until I'll redo and replace it later on, no worries. It's absolutely best way to learn the mistake, as I can eliminate it out on my fourth fragment project, which is just 1,516 frames at approximately 95 seconds-plus long ! :)
Please click this URL https://www.facebook.com/Silencebound1/ and become a new member to get instant informations and resourced topics.

Silencebound

Re: # 3 - Lost 35mm Nitrate Film FOUND ! ( NEWLY-UPGRADED VE

PostTue Nov 25, 2014 2:04 am

Now at last after ten month's longest delay on restoring this 1920 Italian lost Roncoroni film titled "IL GIGANTE, I SERPENTI E LA FORMICA" ( Italy - 1920 - Silent ). The English title translation is 'The Giant, The Snakes and The Ant'. After I was very long dissatisfied with the first-released version which all the frames is terrible shaking and quite awful murky picture. Well, I have overdo all this problem with newest upgraded version with bit bright frame given with better steady frame running using by fantastic C2C software which wasn't done before at that old version. My USA-based Italian translator has translated the only two Italian intertitles here as just click 'CC' and then you're great to go and view it. My wonderful thanks are due to Nitratevillers unipal and doctor-kiss for solved this wonderful then-lost Alfredo Boccolini masterpiece. :)

Return to Collecting and Preservation