# 26 - Lost 35mm Nitrate Film FOUND !

Talk about the work of collecting, restoring and preserving our film heritage here.
  • Author

Silencebound

# 26 - Lost 35mm Nitrate Film FOUND !

PostTue Feb 16, 2016 3:04 am

Not really much to talk about, after almost nobody here has responsed to my previous Jidaigeki film entry ( from # 21 - Lost 35mm Nitrate Film FOUND ! ), last year. So I have no time for any length commentary for this awesome discovered 1926 lost Samurai feature movie, clipped into 98ft long fragment of cyan emulsion with 1,581 frames scanned and partially restored due to some bad longest scratches on it. I have escaped from the still-unfinished # 23 film project called "Pictureland" for a month due to my living strain and living budget . . . But surely will be back to business with # 23, very shortly after released this # 26 entry. I think that the main character is Tsumasaburo Bando ( 阪東妻三郎 ) but not verifying yet. This 94 seconds fragment provided without English subtitles but I've applied to have it translated by Tomedes Translation Service and will done it within two days. Well, just click this video and enjoy it in 1080p presentation, even if without subtitles at first . . . :)

Last edited by Silencebound on Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
I just want to and have to show and tell everybody absolutely NOTHING but only the truth.

oldposterho

Re: # 26 - Lost 35mm Nitrate Film FOUND !

PostTue Feb 16, 2016 9:34 am

That was terrific, I really enjoy seeing these as getting a glimpse at silent Japanese samurai films isn't easy to do (at least for me). Surprising tracking shot at the very end.

Thanks for doing these.

Mark Zimmer

PostTue Feb 16, 2016 10:08 am

That's fascinating. Many thanks for sharing.

Silencebound

PostMon Feb 22, 2016 1:45 pm

Hey, you all ! This # 26 fragment is fully-translated in English by Eriko Toyoda from Tomedes Translation Service. Just click 'CC', and enjoy it even if you've seen it before. Yay ! :D Yes, oldposterho, the tracking shot which I've thought that it is too difficult to crop the scanned frames but I was wrong ! Cropping the right marked spot never be more easier with that inner black frame lines as it can be found by balance the right area before cropping the whole frame. If without it, the cropping would be very impossible ! :o
I just want to and have to show and tell everybody absolutely NOTHING but only the truth.

Frederica

PostMon Feb 22, 2016 1:55 pm

That was cool. Thanks. I don't think I've seen Bando in anything before.
Fred
"Had to talke to Dante for lyke fyve hours on the phone by cause he saw the trayler for Ynferno and was super-embarrassed..”
Chaucer Doth Tweet
http://www.nitanaldi.com"
http://www.facebook.com/NitaNaldiSilentVamp"

CoffeeDan

PostMon Feb 22, 2016 2:38 pm

The video disappeared. What happened?

Silencebound

PostMon Feb 22, 2016 9:50 pm

YouTube made very grievous mistake to removed this # 26 video without my knowledge, this morning. I have told them pending on appeal to have it reinstated very soon. Well, YT haven't removed my previous L35NFF entries but only this one !!! They removed it without explaining why. Highly very weird !!!!!! :(

Silencebound

PostMon Feb 22, 2016 11:39 pm

Silencebound wrote:YouTube made very grievous mistake to removed this # 26 video without my knowledge, this morning. I have told them pending on appeal to have it reinstated very soon. Well, YT haven't removed my previous L35NFF entries but only this one !!! They removed it without explaining why. Highly very weird !!!!!! :(

Now fully restored back to it's original glory ! That YT team must be short-sighted to make their silly choice to remove it for their fun amusement, eh ?! Let's hope that it will NEVER happen again, particular at my very critically-important # 23 short film classic, "PICTURELAND" ! :shock:

Return to Collecting and Preservation