Publish in Hardcover Now

Talk about the work of collecting, restoring and preserving our film heritage here.
  • Author

bobfells

Publish in Hardcover Now

PostTue Aug 16, 2016 9:59 am

I'm not sure where I should post this so the Admins should feel free to move it to another place more appropriate.

FWIW to all authors and would-be authors: Barnes & Noble is giving Amazon's CreateSpace some competition by launching an independent publishing platform called Nook Press. It publishes in ebook, paperback and HARDCOVER - which CreateSpace does not offer. And at the same price - zero. Authors can buy copies at a greatly discounted rate. I published a few of my back list in hardcover through Nook Press including OLD HOLLYWOOD IN COLOR and I am very impressed. The color printing is superior to CreateSpace.

Frankly, I applaud B&N for talking the risk of offering hardcover in this age of ebooks. The venture may not last so if you have any works that you wished were in hardcover you may want to move on this sooner rather than later. You may also wish to publish privately rather than market through B&N. They offer that option, which CreateSpace does not.

Connoisseur

Re: Publish in Hardcover Now

PostTue Aug 16, 2016 11:55 am

Most interesting.Thank you.

Harlowgold

Re: Publish in Hardcover Now

PostThu Apr 06, 2017 3:36 pm

bobfells wrote:I'm not sure where I should post this so the Admins should feel free to move it to another place more appropriate.

FWIW to all authors and would-be authors: Barnes & Noble is giving Amazon's CreateSpace some competition by launching an independent publishing platform called Nook Press. It publishes in ebook, paperback and HARDCOVER - which CreateSpace does not offer. And at the same price - zero. Authors can buy copies at a greatly discounted rate. I published a few of my back list in hardcover through Nook Press including OLD HOLLYWOOD IN COLOR and I am very impressed. The color printing is superior to CreateSpace.

Frankly, I applaud B&N for talking the risk of offering hardcover in this age of ebooks. The venture may not last so if you have any works that you wished were in hardcover you may want to move on this sooner rather than later. You may also wish to publish privately rather than market through B&N. They offer that option, which CreateSpace does not.

This is indeed very interesting. Are the books also available on other websites beside B&N? I've long pondered writing a book on two on a couple of film personalities and have been unsure which route to go - McFarland? Bearmanor? Self-publishing? Anybody want to elaborate on the benefits on the route(s) they've chosen?

Return to Collecting and Preservation