Help Save London's Cinema Museum

Talk about the work of collecting, restoring and preserving our film heritage here.
  • Author

silentfilm

Help Save London's Cinema Museum

PostFri Oct 20, 2017 6:24 am

PETITION TO SAVE THE CINEMA MUSEUM

The former Lambeth Workhouse where Charlie Chaplin spent some of his childhood has been home to The Cinema Museum for 19 years.

Despite our numerous attempts to buy the building over the years, and promises in writing from the freeholders SLaM (South London and Maudsley NHS Trust) that they would sell it to the Museum for a fair and independent price, they are now planning to sell at speed to the highest bidder, telling them The Cinema Museum’s lease expires in March 2018, implying that we can be easily evicted.

Please help us to save the this wonderful collection by signing the petition at https://www.change.org/p/matthew-patrick-slam-nhs-uk-love-cinema-save-the-cinema-museum, spreading the word through social media and donating.

Thank you.

I went to the Cinema Museum a couple of times while I was in London in 2014. It is an amazing place. It is stuffed full of movie and theater memorabilia as well as projectors and theater equipment. It also hosts the Kennington Biograph screenings. I can't imagine the effort required to move all of this stuff somewhere else! -- Bruce

Rick Lanham

Re: Help Save London's Cinema Museum

PostFri Oct 20, 2017 8:01 am

Signed, and donated a little.
Maybe I'll get there some day too.

Rick
“The past is never dead. It's not even past” - Faulkner.

Brooksie

PostFri Oct 20, 2017 11:08 am

A very worthy cause. I hope it survives. :(

Hamilton's Grandson

PostFri Oct 20, 2017 7:19 pm

They sent me a very nice email for signing the petition reminding me to share the information with others on social media .
Mark Hamilton (I) is on imdb.com
Joseph Hamilton (I) is on imdb.com

Return to Collecting and Preservation