Fascinating Eastman House 16mm film on early photography

Talk about the work of collecting, restoring and preserving our film heritage here.
  • Author

Daniel D. Teoli Jr.

• Location: Born in L.A...NYC is 2nd home...Rustbelt is home base

Fascinating Eastman House 16mm film on early photography

PostTue Nov 21, 2017 7:44 am

My archive just started with collecting small gauge film this year. Here is an interesting 16mm film on Eastman House I just had digitized. Covers early photography.

Although I'm an old school film photog, I don't know much about movie film work - am learning on the job. Opened a YouTube account at 10 minutes to midnight last night and put it up. Most of my film archive are probably not allowed on YouTube, so will put them up on the Internet Archive.

Although old small reel silent films are not that expensive to work with (generally speaking) They add up if you have many hundred films to do. This one is one of my more expensive film purchases at about $90 for a 5 inch reel. The 2K digitizing with associated DVD's and files requested was about $175. So total spent on the project was about $265.

Some of my films only cost $2 or $3, so the cost of acquisition is negligible. The main cost is in digitizing, which I hope to do in the future myself if it is a silent film.

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Dan
Last edited by silentfilm on Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Embedd YouTube link

Return to Collecting and Preservation