What became of Agnes Petersen-Mozzhukin?

Open, general discussion of silent films, personalities and history.
  • Author

poul

What became of Agnes Petersen-Mozzhukin?

PostFri Nov 15, 2013 8:38 am

This Danish-born dark-haired beauty appeared in a few Danish comedies before getting a chance in German Cinema in 1925. There she met Russian-born film star and charmer Ivan Mozzhukin (IMDb-spelling). They married in Nizza 12. March 1928. She was born circa 1905 and her last film appearence according to IMDb was in 1931. Mozzhukin (1889-1939) would
continue with a certain amount of success in Europe (after getting the boot in Hollywood because of his deplorable English skills) and died from TB at the age of 49.
But what ever became of poor Agnes?

Lagonda

Re: What became of Agnes Petersen-Mozzhukin?

PostSun Mar 15, 2015 11:54 am

While doing some research on Agnes Petersen I found this post. And I am also wondering what became of this actress.

Agnes Petersen appeared mostly in films in Denmark and Germany. Her career seemed to have developed positively and then suddenly she disappeared.
What we know is that she did a Swedish talkie for Les Studios Paramount in France in 1930 and her marriage to Mosjoukine/Mozzhukin seems to have gone on the rocks approximately at the same time.

Did she fail in the talkies?
Did she take another name or withdraw into private life, maybe marry someone else? (Yet I do not know if she ever divorced Mozzhukin).
Or did she die in the 1930s?

How can someone being in pictures for more than six years and also playing leading roles vanish into thin air like that?
It's quite a mystery. If there is someone out there who knows anything about Agnes' fate, please drop us a line.

poul

PostTue Apr 19, 2016 2:49 am

Lagonda wrote:While doing some research on Agnes Petersen I found this post. And I am also wondering what became of this actress.

Agnes Petersen appeared mostly in films in Denmark and Germany. Her career seemed to have developed positively and then suddenly she disappeared.
What we know is that she did a Swedish talkie for Les Studios Paramount in France in 1930 and her marriage to Mosjoukine/Mozzhukin seems to have gone on the rocks approximately at the same time.

Did she fail in the talkies?
Did she take another name or withdraw into private life, maybe marry someone else? (Yet I do not know if she ever divorced Mozzhukin).
Or did she die in the 1930s?

How can someone being in pictures for more than six years and also playing leading roles vanish into thin air like that?
It's quite a mystery. If there is someone out there who knows anything about Agnes' fate, please drop us a line.

Logonda

I have found a date of death: 1. september, 1973.

www.danskefilm.dk

Lagonda

PostSat Aug 12, 2017 4:20 pm

Thank you for this information, Poul.

Return to Talking About Silents