Colleen Moore silent on TCM in October

Post news stories and home video release announcements here.
rudyfan

Re: Colleen Moore silent on TCM in October

Unread post by rudyfan » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:54 pm

Gagman 66 wrote:However. I'd be happy with anything made between BROKEN CHAINS (1922) to ORCHIDS AND ERMINE (1927).
Famous last words. :lol:
http://www.rudolph-valentino.com" target="_blank" target="_blank
http://nitanaldi.com" target="_blank" target="_blank
http://www.dorothy-gish.com" target="_blank" target="_blank

Jim Reid

Unread post by Jim Reid » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:23 pm

Gagman 66 wrote:However. I'd be happy with anything made between BROKEN CHAINS (1922) to ORCHIDS AND ERMINE (1927).

Anybody wanna bet?

CoffeeDan

Unread post by CoffeeDan » Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:56 pm

Gagman 66 wrote:Bottom line is, at least one Starring Colleen Moore Silent debuting on TCM is long, long overdue. I only bring up HER WILD OAT and LILAC TIME because they would appear to be the two most likely candidates to turn up the soonest. However. I'd be happy with anything made between BROKEN CHAINS (1922) to ORCHIDS AND ERMINE (1927).
Recently, in response to a question about Gary Cooper films in the Time Warner library, the Warner Archive posted this on their Facebook page:

"The only unreleased Cooper film in the Warner library is the late-era silent LILAC TIME, which does not have its complete Vitaphone music and effects track. We are hoping that the missing discs will eventually surface, as this is an important film we'd like to make available."

Gagman 66

Unread post by Gagman 66 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:06 pm

Coffee Man,

:o So, they are aware of the movie, and say it's still missing some sound discs? Does the Vita-phone project agree? Course I know that it was not originally a Vita-phone track. Rather a competitor. First National dubbed it Firn' A Phone, I think.

So how about hiring Vince Giordano and the Nighthawks to balance out the rest of the score for LILAC TIME? ? This was the plan as far as SYNTHETIC SIN is concerned anyway. Just a thought. Know it's not that simple, and wouldn't come cheap. All indications are the film itself has been restored, or at least Warner's has good 35 millimeter elements.

Thanks much for bringing this to my attention.
Last edited by Gagman 66 on Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

vitaphone

Unread post by vitaphone » Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:17 pm

The known surviving disks are the audience exit music, and disks for reels 1, 5, 6 and 7.

Gagman 66

Unread post by Gagman 66 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:33 pm

Vitaphone,

:( Thanks. That is the first time that I have read this anyplace.

CoffeeDan

Unread post by CoffeeDan » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:20 am

Gagman 66 wrote:So how about hiring Vince Giordano and the Nighthawks to balance out the rest of the score for LILAC TIME? ? This was the plan as far as SYNTHETIC SIN is concerned anyway. Just a thought. Know it's not that simple, and wouldn't come cheap. All indications are the film itself has been restored, or at least Warner's has good 35 millimeter elements.
Back in my film programming days, I remember that LILAC TIME was available for rental in the old UA16 catalog ($75 a night, IIRC), but it was a completely silent print, no soundtrack.

earlytalkiebuffRob

Unread post by earlytalkiebuffRob » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:14 pm

In addition, BROKEN HEARTS OF BROADWAY (1923) is on YT.