Arbuckle: The Round Up (1920)

Post news stories and home video release announcements here.
bigshot

Arbuckle: The Round Up (1920)

Unread post by bigshot » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:05 pm

Just announced on Facebook:
https://cinemuseumllc.com/shop?olsPage= ... y-arbuckle" target="_blank

PRE-ORDER YOUR LIMITED EDITION FIRST PRESSING TODAY:
SHIPPING DATE: APRIL 1st, 2018

CineMuseum Archival Edition
Blu-Ray / DVD Combo-Pack

Silent screen legend Roscoe “Fatty” Arbuckle, master of short subject comedies, made his debut as the star of feature length films in George Melford’s production of THE ROUND UP (1920). In this action-packed drama, Arbuckle portrays Sheriff Slim Hoover, a “legitimate” role which not only offers a perfect vehicle for Arbuckle’s clever brand of humor, but also reveals him to be a dramatic actor of the first order! This first class western has everything, including silent film mega-star Buster Keaton in an uncredited cameo as an Apache Indian!

Synopsis: After Dick Lane (Irving Cummings) disappears during a prospecting trip, his fiancé Echo Allen (Mabel Julienne Scott) agrees to marry Dick’s friend Jack Payson (Tom Forman) who is harboring a secret about his fallen pal. When “half-breed” Buck McKee (Wallace Beery), a rival for Echo’s affections, robs the express office and points the blame at Jack, it is up to jovial Sheriff Slim Hoover (Roscoe Arbuckle) to solve the crime.

Pulled from distribution in 1921, this historic film has been unavailable to the general public for over 95 years – until now.

SPECIAL FEATURES:
This dual format release includes one DVD and one Blu-Ray disc
New 4K digital transfer and restoration of the 35mm archival master preserved by Paramount Archives and the Library of Congress - Packard Campus of Audiovisual Conservation
New score composed and performed by Donald Sosin
Audio commentary featuring author and film historian Richard M. Roberts
Two new restorations of Arbuckle’s earliest Keystone comedy shorts: A BANDIT and PEEPING PETE (both 1913), featuring new organ scores composed and performed by Dennis Scott
Gallery of original theatrical posters, lobby cards, glass slides, stills, programs, and memorabilia
PLUS: Full color booklet featuring production information, restoration notes, and more!

Digital restorations directed and curated by Paul E. Gierucki
Executive Producers: Brittany Valente, Paul Gierucki, Lisa E. Tatge & Kirk Miller

Cover art and menu design: Steve Czapiewski • Booklet design and layout: David B. Pearson
Produced for video by CineMuseum, LLC

Jesse L. Lasky presents
A George Melford Production
ROSCOE “Fatty” ARBUCKLE
(By arrangement with Joseph M. Schenck)
in “THE ROUND UP”
From the play by Edmund Day - Scenario by Tom Forman
A Paramount - Artcraft Special
© Famous Players – Lasky Corporation 1920

Cast: Roscoe Arbuckle, Tom Forman, Irving Cummings, Mabel Julienne Scott, Jean Acker, Guy Oliver, Lucien Littlefield, Fred Huntley, Wallace Beery, Jane Wolf, George Kuwa, Edward Sutherland, and Buster Keaton (uncredited)

PLEASE NOTE: This product ships to USA and CANADA only.

Smari1989

Re: Arbuckle: The Round Up (1920)

Unread post by Smari1989 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:37 pm

Good news... Too bad I live on the wrong side of the pound. Oh well. I hope it sells like hotcakes, of course!

By the way, does this serve as the long-anticipated Arbuckle Anthology, or is it a teaser of sorts? Just curious.

Paul E. Gierucki

Unread post by Paul E. Gierucki » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:54 pm

Teaser, Smari. Included in this DVD / BD set is a discount coupon for $5.00 off the Arbuckle Anthology -- which is also on the way!

Metaldams

Unread post by Metaldams » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:19 pm

I just pre-ordered mine. Really looking forward to the Arbuckle Anthology as well, which I'll definitely buy. Will be great to see another Arbuckle feature, as LEAP YEAR is all I've seen.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... khWDJnWdqx" target="_blank" target="_blank

Click above to see why I'm the loudest silent film fan in the world. \m/

Metaldams

Unread post by Metaldams » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:35 pm

...and Paul, thanks for all you do.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... khWDJnWdqx" target="_blank" target="_blank

Hamilton's Grandson

Unread post by Hamilton's Grandson » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:38 pm

Ordered mine as well.

Thanks for sharing the ordering info on this site.

Dana
Mark Hamilton (I) is on imdb.com
Joseph Hamilton (I) is on imdb.com
Gertrude Brooke Hamilton is on imdb.com

R Michael Pyle

Unread post by R Michael Pyle » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:08 am

Ordered!

Roscoe

Unread post by Roscoe » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:09 am

Pre-ordered -- very exciting news!
"If you lose this war, don't blame me."

http://www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com" target="_blank

Red Bartlett

Unread post by Red Bartlett » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:25 pm

Metaldams wrote:I just pre-ordered mine. Really looking forward to the Arbuckle Anthology as well, which I'll definitely buy. Will be great to see another Arbuckle feature, as LEAP YEAR is all I've seen.
Anthology?

falsealarms

Unread post by falsealarms » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:28 pm

Red Bartlett wrote:
Metaldams wrote:I just pre-ordered mine. Really looking forward to the Arbuckle Anthology as well, which I'll definitely buy. Will be great to see another Arbuckle feature, as LEAP YEAR is all I've seen.
Anthology?
https://cinemuseumllc.com/in-production" target="_blank

Jim Roots

Unread post by Jim Roots » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:31 pm

Okay, so if The Round-Up is going to be included in the forthcoming anthology, why would I pay big money to get it separately now? I can be patient. (Sometimes. Depends on a lot of factors.)

Jim

Bob Furem

Unread post by Bob Furem » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:57 pm

Ordered and can't wait for all three box sets in the pipeline. Industrial Strength Keaton is underappreciated and I am all over a second dip. So glad Buster kept working.

Red Bartlett

Unread post by Red Bartlett » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:42 pm

falsealarms wrote:
Red Bartlett wrote:
Anthology?
https://cinemuseumllc.com/in-production" target="_blank" target="_blank
Oh! Shazzaam! That's what I've been waiting for!

They also list in production Mack Sennett Vol 2. I'm confused -- wasn't that through Flicker Alley?

Red Bartlett

Unread post by Red Bartlett » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:45 pm

Bob Furem wrote:Ordered and can't wait for all three box sets in the pipeline. Industrial Strength Keaton is underappreciated and I am all over a second dip. So glad Buster kept working.
Agreed, all three sets sound like a slam-dunk. So glad we're getting another Sennett. I was just wondering about that the other day - if we'd ever see a Vol 2.

bigshot

Unread post by bigshot » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:09 pm

Jim Roots wrote:Okay, so if The Round-Up is going to be included in the forthcoming anthology, why would I pay big money to get it separately now? I can be patient. (Sometimes. Depends on a lot of factors.)
I asked that question and he said that the extras wouldn't be included in the big set, so I guess that means the two additional shorts. He said that whenever there was double dipping, he would always include significant content in the single that you don't get in the set.

Jim Roots

Unread post by Jim Roots » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:11 pm

bigshot wrote:
Jim Roots wrote:Okay, so if The Round-Up is going to be included in the forthcoming anthology, why would I pay big money to get it separately now? I can be patient. (Sometimes. Depends on a lot of factors.)
I asked that question and he said that the extras wouldn't be included in the big set, so I guess that means the two additional shorts. He said that whenever there was double dipping, he would always include significant content in the single that you don't get in the set.
Ah! Okay, thanks for your digging.

Jim

Rick Lanham

Unread post by Rick Lanham » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:37 pm

Ordered.

Rick
“The past is never dead. It's not even past” - Faulkner.

martin arias

Unread post by martin arias » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:51 pm

How is it that I cannot buy it outside EEUU and Canada? I live in Spain. Is it going to me commecialized by someone else? Why that absurd restriction? There are silent comedy fans all over the world. I participated from here in each of Ben Model's DVDs. Why cannot I buy a legitimate product????????? Can someone please explain it?

bigshot

Unread post by bigshot » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:43 pm

Someone asked that on Facebook too, and he said that shipping overseas is just too expensive.

Smari1989

Unread post by Smari1989 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:45 pm

I agree it's a bit of a letdown to us Europeans, but the Arbuckle Anthology will in all likelihood be made available internationally, and hopefully that release is not that far away now. Crossing my fingers!

Paul E. Gierucki

Unread post by Paul E. Gierucki » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:52 pm

Sorry for the delay responding, folks. Yes, CineMuseum is only shipping to the US and Canada while it works on a solution to combat the extreme overseas shipping prices. Seriously, the cost to mail the set out of the country is more than that of the set itself. That said, I expect that there will be an alternate solution shortly. Until then, everyone here appreciates your kind patience and understanding.

Paul E. Gierucki

Unread post by Paul E. Gierucki » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:33 am

I am told that THE ROUND-UP is now available for pre-order worldwide -- or at least everywhere that USPS delivers.
Get 'em while they are hot!

martin arias

Unread post by martin arias » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:46 am

ordered!!! thanks a lot, Paul!

m.

Smari1989

Unread post by Smari1989 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:10 pm

Great news, just ordered mine as well. Thanks Paul!

WaverBoy

Unread post by WaverBoy » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:27 pm

Paul E. Gierucki wrote:I am told that THE ROUND-UP is now available for pre-order worldwide -- or at least everywhere that USPS delivers.
Get 'em while they are hot!
The USPS has apparently been broadening their horizons lately!

traccy

Unread post by traccy » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:56 am

Anybody know how much shipping to UK is?

martin arias

Unread post by martin arias » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:56 am

to Spain it was 14 dollars approx, so think of something similar

m.

Red Bartlett

Unread post by Red Bartlett » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:16 am

Paul E. Gierucki wrote:Teaser, Smari. Included in this DVD / BD set is a discount coupon for $5.00 off the Arbuckle Anthology -- which is also on the way!
Any estimate on the timing of the Anthology set? Also, how many discs do you suppose it will turn out to be? Three, four discs? I'm trying to figure out how much I need to save.

Paul E. Gierucki

Unread post by Paul E. Gierucki » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:35 pm

Good questions all, Red. Unfortunately CineMuseum is not quite ready to share those details yet. Please keep an eye on the new website, and updates will surely be posted here too.

Metaldams

Unread post by Metaldams » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:44 pm

Paul E. Gierucki wrote:Good questions all, Red. Unfortunately CineMuseum is not quite ready to share those details yet. Please keep an eye on the new website, and updates will surely be posted here too.
If it's anything like "The Forgotten Film of Roscoe Fatty Arbuckle" DVD set you did years back, I'll be happy. The directorial efforts were a nice touch too. I'm bizarre enough to appreciate "Bridge Wives." :D