Score from the Virginian 1923 - Blackhawk version

Everything related to researching, scoring and performing music with silent film.
lou

Score from the Virginian 1923 - Blackhawk version

Unread post by lou » Sat May 19, 2012 3:37 am

Hope I'm posting those questions in the right place.
Does anyone know anything about the piano score accompanying the Blackhawk version (not the awful Oldies one!) of The Virginian 1923?
Talking about musical score, the same question applies to the orchestral score of The Little Church Around the Corner 1923 from the TeleVista DVD. Any idea?

Both are particularly lovely ...

http://films-muets.blogspot.com/

... So ride, boldly ride, to the end of the rainbow ... Ride, boldly ride, till you find El Dorado ...
(El Dorado Howard Hawks, 1966)

silentfilm

Re: Score from the Virginian 1923 - Blackhawk version

Unread post by silentfilm » Sat May 19, 2012 8:03 am

Blackhawk didn't sell The Virginian with a music track on film or VHS. What company produced this DVD?

lou

Re: Score from the Virginian 1923 - Blackhawk version

Unread post by lou » Sat May 19, 2012 8:48 am

Good question. All I know is that the film comes from Blackhawk for one can read in the beginning of a short written presentation that "While decomposition of the original nitrate film had set in [...], Blackhawk has painstakingly (gee, I've learned a new word) restored this lost classic and the resulting edition is only moderately abridged from the form in which it was originally release in the fall of 1923". I add that the image is fairly good - Sorry, no other indication nor brand logo as far as I know ....

http://films-muets.blogspot.com/

... So ride, boldly ride, to the end of the rainbow ... Ride, boldly ride, till you find El Dorado ...
(El Dorado Howard Hawks, 1966)