Lodgings at Capitolfest?

Announcements of upcoming theatrical silent film exhibitions.
joejjc

Lodgings at Capitolfest?

Unread post by joejjc » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:46 am

The stars have aligned and my wife and I will be able to attend Capitolfest this weekend! I haven't been in many moons. What is the best (and closest) lodging to the theater? Is the dealer Room in the theater itself?

Very excited!

joejjc

Re: Lodgings at Capitolfest?

Unread post by joejjc » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:22 am

I tentatively have a room booked at the Quality Inn, approximately 0.8 miles from the theater. They look to be the closest one. They're no longer giving a special rate for the festival, however. About $50 a night more. :(

Jack Theakston

Unread post by Jack Theakston » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:20 am

For future reference, the Capitol offers a sheet that has all the information about lodging in the area. If you're on foot, you're stuck with the few motels in the immediate area, but if you are driving, it is worth going to one of the hotels that are on the north side of town. They're admittedly a bit nicer.
J. Theakston
"You get more out of life when you go out to a movie!"

Agnes

Unread post by Agnes » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:49 am

I stayed at the Quality Inn. I was there when I first came because I was being dropped off by family who were going elsewhere on the trip and I needed something I could stay and get there by foot. I found the Quality Inn not to be nice place to stay. After two years Capitolfest of lodging there I swore off the place.

I then try to place around the corner but it's since been bought and renamed. It was nicer but not not the greatest. A few years back someone lovely told me about a place called The Beeches. It is a lovely little family-owned place and they have a shuttle. I feel bad because I went with my adult daughter who wanted to sleep in a few times and I wanted to see all the movies so I told her she had to go drop me off and then she could go back and go back and nap if she wanted. Her work schedule didn't allow for her attending this year, but I told her for future reference that I would make sure the place still have the shuttle and if she wanted to go she could have the car and I would be able to get back and forth from the festival without a car. The Beaches is lovely place ..... they told me if I give them 20 minutes notice( which of course I certainly could )they could have the shuttle they take us back and forth to downtown and they're well aware of the Capitolfest film festival and expect to be dropping people off picking them up from that.

That is where I stay each year since I was made aware of this. Last year I booked the 2nd weekend of August 2018 before I left.
Agnes McFadden

I know it's good - I wrote it myself!