Recording YouTube audio tracks to CD

Technically-oriented discussion of classic films on everything from 35mm to Blu-Ray
entredeuxguerres

Recording YouTube audio tracks to CD

Unread post by entredeuxguerres » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:38 pm

What I'm trying to do is record some acoustic 78s to a CD. I've already downloaded the YT videos to the Real Player program (several hours of trial & error floundering merely to accomplish this), but even after selecting the songs/tracks to be recorded, an error message tells me (again & again) to "add tracks" before the recording can proceed. I get the impression from reading about the process of going from video to CD that there's an intermediate step, but this program doesn't automatically do whatever needs to be done.

koshka

Re: Recording YouTube audio tracks to CD

Unread post by koshka » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:16 am

I use a program called Best Video Downloader. It can be downloaded here:

http://www.bestvideodownloader.com" target="_blank

It works great with Firefox and even gives you to option to save as just audio or video in different format and sizes.
Don't bother with the Real Player program. It has too many bugs/problems. I gave up using it long ago.

entredeuxguerres wrote:What I'm trying to do is record some acoustic 78s to a CD. I've already downloaded the YT videos to the Real Player program (several hours of trial & error floundering merely to accomplish this), but even after selecting the songs/tracks to be recorded, an error message tells me (again & again) to "add tracks" before the recording can proceed. I get the impression from reading about the process of going from video to CD that there's an intermediate step, but this program doesn't automatically do whatever needs to be done.

entredeuxguerres

Unread post by entredeuxguerres » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:52 pm

Thanks, most grateful for this tip. (Only wish it had come 3 wks ago at the start of my steep learning curve!) As with so many other computer "how to" questions, there was no single answer, but, as I was dazed to discover via Google, dozens of mutually contradictory ones. After many hours of trial & error, I finally "manufactured" my all-acoustic Amelita Galli-Curci CD, but for the next one, I'll certainly try the Best Video system.

sethb

Unread post by sethb » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:48 pm

Another vote for the BestVideoDownloader software, which I tried out today.

The installation was seamless, and about 90 minutes and three ruined CD's later, I finally figured out how it worked. Not too bad of a track record, as far as new software goes, I suppose! SETH
"Novelty is always welcome, but talking pictures are just a fad." -- Irving Thalberg
"Who the hell wants to hear actors talk ?" -- Harry Warner

entredeuxguerres

Unread post by entredeuxguerres » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:23 pm

sethb wrote:Another vote for the BestVideoDownloader software, which I tried out today.

The installation was seamless, and about 90 minutes and three ruined CD's later, I finally figured out how it worked. Not too bad of a track record, as far as new software goes, I suppose! SETH
Three? I'd be surprized if I could do it in six. In fact, I'd be somewhat surprized if I could do it at all.