To everyone that will be attending Cinecon 53 this coming August 31-September 4 in Hollywood:
* The memorabilia rooms and registration desk will be on the third floor of the Loews Hollywood Hotel and they will open at 12 noon on Thursday, August 31st.
* If you pre-registered, you must pick up your registration packet and name badge from the registration desk at the hotel. If you are pre-registered, do not go the the Egyptian Theater to pick up your packet and badge.
* The opening night gala that's being held in the forecourt of the Egyptian Theater will begin at 5pm. The entry to the forecourt will be closed until 5pm, so don't be early. Only full festival pass holders and Thursday day pass holders will be admitted to the gala. You must pick up your badges from the hotel registration desk to gain admittance to the gala.
* There will be no admittance to the Egyptian Theater until after the opening night gala. There will be access to the bathrooms at the theater, but the auditorium will be closed to the public until after the gala is finished.
* The registration desk at the Egyptian Theater will open Friday morning, September 1st at 8:30am. Full festival passes and day passes can be purchased there starting on Friday.
* The larger parking lot that was directly behind the Egyptian Theater is now closed, as they are building a new building on the property. The smaller parking lot is still open, as well as the large lot across the street on Las Palmas Blvd. Parking enforcement has really stepped up in the area, so be very cautious using metered parking. They're quick to write parking tickets on expired meters!
* Once again your Cinecon name badge will get you discounts at local restaurants. Check for the restaurant list in your registration packet or ask for information at the registration desk.
Cinecon pre-registrations this year are moving briskly, far surpassing last year, so it looks like we're going to have excellent attendance. We look forward to seeing all of you!
Post news stories and home video release announcements here.