HAPPY BIRTHDAY, NICHOLAS PARSONS!

Post news stories and home video release announcements here.
earlytalkiebuffRob
Posts: 3411
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:53 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, NICHOLAS PARSONS!

Unread post by earlytalkiebuffRob » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:48 pm

Who will be 94 tomorrow!

User avatar
Donald Binks
Posts: 3138
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:08 am
Location: Somewhere, over the rainbow

Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, NICHOLAS PARSONS!

Unread post by Donald Binks » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:50 pm

Crikey! Is that old fart sill with us? Hasn't he compered "Just a minute" on the BBC wireless since the year dot?
Regards from
Donald Binks

"So, she said: "Elly, it's no use letting Lou have the sherry glasses..."She won't appreciate them,
she won't polish them..."You know what she's like." So I said:..."

User avatar
boblipton
Posts: 6256
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:01 pm
Location: Clement Clarke Moore's Farm

Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, NICHOLAS PARSONS!

Unread post by boblipton » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:50 pm

If you've jinxed him, I'm going to give you such a pinch!

Bob
Life's too short to sit on our rears watching other people's work.
— Bob Fells

earlytalkiebuffRob
Posts: 3411
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:53 am

Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, NICHOLAS PARSONS!

Unread post by earlytalkiebuffRob » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:56 pm

boblipton wrote:If you've jinxed him, I'm going to give you such a pinch!

Bob
Hopefully not. It was your review of ESCORTS FOR HIRE which reminded me about MR JOLLY NEXT DOOR where he was continually referred to as 'Nicholas bloody Parsons'. Checking Mayall and Edmondson's name spellings, I thought I'd see if the 'old fart' was indeed still alive, and it seems like he is!
Last edited by earlytalkiebuffRob on Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

earlytalkiebuffRob
Posts: 3411
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:53 am

Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, NICHOLAS PARSONS!

Unread post by earlytalkiebuffRob » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:58 pm

Donald Binks wrote:Crikey! Is that old fart sill with us? Hasn't he compered "Just a minute" on the BBC wireless since the year dot?
Looks like it! (from one old fart to another)

User avatar
boblipton
Posts: 6256
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:01 pm
Location: Clement Clarke Moore's Farm

Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, NICHOLAS PARSONS!

Unread post by boblipton » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:01 pm

earlytalkiebuffRob wrote:
boblipton wrote:If you've jinxed him, I'm going to give you such a pinch!

Bob
Hopefully not. It was your review of ESCORTS FOR HIRE which reminded me about MR JOLLY NEXT DOOR where he was continually referred to as 'Nicholas bloody Parsons'. Checking the Mayall and Edmondson's name spellings, I thought I'd see if the 'old fart' was indeed still alive, and it seems like he is!
You couldn't have waited ninety b***dy minutes until the clock tolled midnight in Blighty?

Bob
Life's too short to sit on our rears watching other people's work.
— Bob Fells

User avatar
Donald Binks
Posts: 3138
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:08 am
Location: Somewhere, over the rainbow

Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, NICHOLAS PARSONS!

Unread post by Donald Binks » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:04 pm

I think that he has been the butt of many a joke over the years and has good-naturally suffered the lambasting. Messrs. Mayal and Edmonstone would only be many in a long line.
Regards from
Donald Binks

"So, she said: "Elly, it's no use letting Lou have the sherry glasses..."She won't appreciate them,
she won't polish them..."You know what she's like." So I said:..."

earlytalkiebuffRob
Posts: 3411
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:53 am

Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, NICHOLAS PARSONS!

Unread post by earlytalkiebuffRob » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:02 pm

boblipton wrote: You couldn't have waited ninety b***dy minutes until the clock tolled midnight in Blighty?

Bob
No, I had to make sure I got to bed before my dear little cat bagged my place...

Post Reply