new book on the Todd-Pitts-Kelly shorts

Post news stories and home video release announcements here.
JLNeibaur

new book on the Todd-Pitts-Kelly shorts

Unread post by JLNeibaur » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:29 pm

My book on the Thelma Todd/ZaSu Pitts and the Thelma Todd/Patsy Kelly comedies is already available for pre-order at amazon.com with a proposed December release date. I have another book, Andy Clyde's Columbia Comedies coming out in late summer/early fall. These books were written a year apart for the same publisher, and they're coming out one after the other.

Oh well, here is the amazon link to the Todd-Pitts-Kelly book. it is a film-by-film look at that series, including the shorts Patsy made after Thelma died.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1476672555/re ... atsy+kelly" target="_blank

Thanks for any interest you might have in these projects.

JN

Metaldams

Re: new book on the Todd-Pitts-Kelly shorts

Unread post by Metaldams » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:04 pm

Did you purposely time the release of the book to coincide with the release date of the DVD sets or did you just get lucky? Anyway, I have a few of your books and enjoy your work. I'm also checking out the Todd-Pitts/Kelly shorts on DVD this year, so your book will make a nice supplement. I'll check it out.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... khWDJnWdqx" target="_blank" target="_blank

Click above to see why I'm the loudest silent film fan in the world. \m/

JLNeibaur

Re: new book on the Todd-Pitts-Kelly shorts

Unread post by JLNeibaur » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:47 am

Metaldams wrote:Did you purposely time the release of the book to coincide with the release date of the DVD sets or did you just get lucky? Anyway, I have a few of your books and enjoy your work. I'm also checking out the Todd-Pitts/Kelly shorts on DVD this year, so your book will make a nice supplement. I'll check it out.

That was pure luck. I had no idea sets were coming out, but I sure am glad about it.

Thanks!
JN