King of the Kongo/Eric Grayson

Post news stories and home video release announcements here.
Eric Grayson

King of the Kongo/Eric Grayson

Unread post by Eric Grayson » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:20 am

There is a video company that's just announced a restoration print of King of the Kongo.

I would like to state categorically the following:
a) I am not affiliated with it, and they have not asked to use my materials.
b) I am still planning on doing my own Kongo release from better film material.
c) I have not released Kongo yet ONLY because better film materials have surfaced and I am hoping to make use of these for the best possible release. We do not have all the sound, but have about half of it.

I realize that this is a lot of furor over a title that is a niche, low-volume title even in THIS community, but the story is going out that I'm hoarding the material and not making it available when it should be. That's actually the nicest part of the rumors being spread. Please don't believe these rumors.

The fact of the matter is that I have been trying for several years to get Kongo out in a quality manner that comes from the best material possible. Those of you who have seen the restorations I've worked on thus far will be blown away by the quality improvement.

Thanks for your understanding. I do not understand, in this world of limited resources, why people are fighting over this tiny tidbit of film history, but apparently that's what we need to do.

Eric

s.w.a.c.

Re: King of the Kongo/Eric Grayson

Unread post by s.w.a.c. » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:51 am

It's been a while since I've seen the product of your efforts that was shown at Cinefest (R.I.P.), but eagerly await what is to come! It'll be worth it, when all is said and done.
Twinkletoes wrote:Oh, ya big blister!

vitaphone

Re: King of the Kongo/Eric Grayson

Unread post by vitaphone » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:19 pm

Looking forward to your version. Especially since you have all the available Vitaphone disks while the other outfit has none at all. I know you will turn out a first class product and look forward to it. Worth the wait!