Marilyn Monroe Fully-Naked Footage From "The Misfits" Uncovered? Never Publicly Shown.

Post news stories and home video release announcements here.
Ken Viewer

Marilyn Monroe Fully-Naked Footage From "The Misfits" Uncovered? Never Publicly Shown.

Unread post by Ken Viewer » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:09 pm

According to a report in today's Sunday Times of London, England, an author peddling a new book: Charles Casillo, whose volume "Marilyn Monroe: The Private Life of a Public Icon" is set for publication by St Martin’s Press on Tuesday, about 45 seconds of the nude (I assume fully nude) Monroe, which was part of director John Huston's filming of Arthur Miller's original screenplay, The Misfits, which was supposedly destroyed and never publicly discussed, was, in fact, saved by producer Frank Taylor.

After Taylor died about 19 years ago, the film, kept in a cabinet, was held onto by Taylor's son Curtice (his spelling). It's condition is not specified nor is any indication given as to when it will be shown at the White House, Paris, Moscow, the Cinerama Dome or elsewhere.

Apparently this makes two movies in which film of Monroe in the raw was shot and survives. Here's a link to the article:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news ... -tfbrtfv82

I've never been a Monroe fan and if the footage shows up on free cable/broadcast TV or Youtube, I'd watch it but I don't expect to pay for a glimpse. Almost 50 years ago, after Monroe died, her final psychiatrist, AFAIK, Ralph Greenson, decided to give a few interviews about his deceased patient and his personal feelings on the topic. Though I felt, and was, unprepared to interview him, at the last minute the scheduled interviewer for the publication I was then employed by became unavailable, and despite my unfamiliarity with her life and career, much more-so then than now, the assignment was handed to me.

I've always felt Monroe's death was closer to a homicide than an accidental overdose of various drugs, one of which I've never known anyone to voluntarily take, and while I haven't current access to that self-censored article I wrote so long ago that is perhaps not available on the Internet, I do recall that while I was not dismayed by what I wrote, it was not one of my better efforts. I've never changed my opinion, formed after the interview, that Dr. Greenson was not dealing off of a full deck and had no business discussing his patients -- alive or dead.

Ken

Scoundrel

Re: Marilyn Monroe Fully-Naked Footage From "The Misfits" Uncovered? Never Publicly Shown.

Unread post by Scoundrel » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:53 am

" You can't take life too seriously...you'll never get out of it alive."

Blackhawk Films customer

silentfilm

Re: Marilyn Monroe Fully-Naked Footage From "The Misfits" Uncovered? Never Publicly Shown.

Unread post by silentfilm » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:11 am

The Fox News story is incorrect about it being the first nude scene in a major production. There were scenes like this in several silent features. It would definitely have been the first during Hollywood's Production Code.

Thad Komorowski

Unread post by Thad Komorowski » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:04 pm

Hell, she was fully nude years before in Bus Stop. Don Murray, as he relayed on Gilbert Gottfried's most recent podcast, had the greatest job in the world of making sure Marilyn Monroe's breasts weren't exposed during the shooting.

Ken Viewer

Unread post by Ken Viewer » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:25 pm

Perhaps they are readers of this site, since workers or interns at such places as the New York Daily News and People magazine have put online only today the film-find (the condition of which is not discussed -- and I neither have nor anticipate reading the new book) -- previously discussed here. When Monroe was wearing only a sheet on the set of The Misfits and let it down, revealing all, the book apparently reports John Huston commented, 'Honey, I've seen them before...' He then assigned them to out-take status.

That's the hot news about the book at this time and it makes me wonder what else the author intends to... reveal. Maybe enough years have gone by to reexamine the allegations of Bobby Kennedy's interest in Monroe's affair with his older brother, if not his own interest in her, all of which has been mined for more metal than the Comstock Lode, but who knows?

Anyway, courtesy of the the "Marilyn Monroe Archives" as posted on Youtube, below is a link to excerpts from a semi-naked sheet-clad Monroe purportedly on the set of the never-completed "Something's Got to Give." I haven't a clue as to who owns the copyright, or who asserts, or will assert ownership, or who may someday sue whom over what, so here's the link and let Youtube deal with it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIpX5DsvETw

It's sorta cute, Monroe is quite charming for what she's doing and how she looks, and an asserted portion where she's sheet-deprived is missing but given a free ticket to watch her in a movie, I'd trade it for a seat to view Marie Dressler in Min and Bill any day.

A purported still from that film:

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5 ... @._V1_.jpg

Ken