actors who played same role twice

Open, general discussion of silent films, personalities and history.
earlytalkiebuffRob

Re: actors who played same role twice

Unread post by earlytalkiebuffRob » Fri May 25, 2018 1:27 pm

[quote="sepiatone"]Chloris Leachman played Molly Brown twice in two separate Titanic incarnations, a 1957 television presentation and 1979's S.O.S. Titanic.

E. J. Ratcliffe had three goes as Teddy Roosevelt, two in the silent era and a third in the talkies.[/quote

The Titanic episode was called 'The Unsinkable Molly Brown' and there is a segment of it on YT. Is the rest out there?

sepiatone

Unread post by sepiatone » Fri May 25, 2018 2:25 pm

earlytalkiebuffRob wrote:
sepiatone wrote:Chloris Leachman played Molly Brown twice in two separate Titanic incarnations, a 1957 television presentation and 1979's S.O.S. Titanic.

E. J. Ratcliffe had three goes as Teddy Roosevelt, two in the silent era and a third in the talkies.[/quote

The Titanic episode was called 'The Unsinkable Molly Brown' and there is a segment of it on YT. Is the rest out there?
I could only imagine, it's early television so maybe in kinescope, maybe.

kaleidoscopeworld

Unread post by kaleidoscopeworld » Sat May 26, 2018 5:10 pm

greta de groat wrote:Ivan Mosjoukine remade two of his silents, Casanova and L'enfant du carnaval, though i haven't heard of anyone who has seen them (there are no IMDB reviews)
I've never heard of anyone who's seen them, either. Does anyone know if they survive?

Neither film is listed in the FIAF Treasures database, but I don't think that database is very complete regarding sound-era titles.