Blondie (1957) - TV Series on Blu-Ray Kickstarter Project

NitrateVille-related crowdfunding projects for film and DVD releases, etc.
revgen

Unread post by revgen » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:09 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbwCJw9f8h8

ClassicFlix is attempting to scan and remaster all of the episodes of the 1957 TV series to Blu-Ray. For a $30 pledge, you'll receive a blu-ray with all of the episodes from the lone season if the Kickstarter campaign is successful. If the TV series sells well enough, the 28 films could come later.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/92 ... to-blu-ray
Last edited by silentfilm on Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Embedd YouTube link

rodney4130

Re: Blondie (1957) - TV Series on Blu-Ray Kickstarter Projec

Unread post by rodney4130 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:13 pm

I'm in. Why not?

Who wouldn't want to see Hal Peary as Herb Woodly?

JFK

Unread post by JFK » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:35 pm

I’m in, and I especially look forward to seeing some of the later entries in the film series.
Image"Is that PFT as your avatar, JFK?"
I think it may be someone called Cake Boss (Cake Boss) Click this link
Last edited by JFK on Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

s.w.a.c.

Unread post by s.w.a.c. » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:04 am

JFK wrote:I’m in, and I especially look forward to seeing some of the later entries in the film series.
Is that PFT as your avatar, JFK?
Twinkletoes wrote:Oh, ya big blister!

wich2

Unread post by wich2 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:44 pm

Wow, poor Arthur looks aged-out of the Dag role at that point...

Though the '68 series was not great, my pal Will Hutchins glows when talking about his Dithers, Jim Backus.

- Craig

moviepas

Unread post by moviepas » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:14 am

I wanted to send them US$30 but they don't have this open to other than US residents of which I am not. Pity, I do want this series which was around breakfast time showing when the series was new. We also had Gale Storm, Ann Sothern and Peter Lawford as an agony aunt in Dear Phoebe. Never seen the Lawford series since that time. Another series I liked was a one season vehicle called Cannonball with William Campbell and Paul Birch.I can't even begin to talk about this one. I started with Wikipedia which lists the usual season of 39 episodes then. They list some titles because they are open to question because the lists are lost? Wikipedia says 22mins which would be today with extra ad slots. imbd says 30mins and both list it as a UK/Canadian series for ITC in UK. imbd goes further an lists 46 episodes made. I give up. Never seen this 35mm filmed series again either. I don't believe the contemporary bad reviews that it was a bomb.

On the subject of old, but not as old as above, is those put out by VEI. I have few but it stops there. I used to get them at a reasonable price from Amazon Canada and may have got a st or two from VEI direct. Now I can't seem to find them on AM.ca and Am.us listed that they can't ship to me and VEI never answered my email last year about this. Petrocelli was one good one I was able to get.

AbZeroNow

Unread post by AbZeroNow » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:27 pm

Pledged for this. Certainly would be an interesting addition to my Blu-ray collection.

salvage1

Unread post by salvage1 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:44 pm

Would the original films be restored with the original titles & credits?

Lamar

Unread post by Lamar » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:44 am

moviepas wrote:I wanted to send them US$30 but they don't have this open to other than US residents of which I am not. Pity, I do want this series which was around breakfast time showing when the series was new. We also had Gale Storm, Ann Sothern and Peter Lawford as an agony aunt in Dear Phoebe. Never seen the Lawford series since that time. Another series I liked was a one season vehicle called Cannonball with William Campbell and Paul Birch.I can't even begin to talk about this one. I started with Wikipedia which lists the usual season of 39 episodes then. They list some titles because they are open to question because the lists are lost? Wikipedia says 22mins which would be today with extra ad slots. imbd says 30mins and both list it as a UK/Canadian series for ITC in UK. imbd goes further an lists 46 episodes made. I give up. Never seen this 35mm filmed series again either. I don't believe the contemporary bad reviews that it was a bomb.

On the subject of old, but not as old as above, is those put out by VEI. I have few but it stops there. I used to get them at a reasonable price from Amazon Canada and may have got a st or two from VEI direct. Now I can't seem to find them on AM.ca and Am.us listed that they can't ship to me and VEI never answered my email last year about this. Petrocelli was one good one I was able to get.
Here's an episode guide for "Cannonball"
http://ctva.biz/Canada/Cannonball.htm
There's also this-
https://www.queensu.ca/search/pages/cannonball

rodney4130

Unread post by rodney4130 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:44 am

This is for the TV series, not the films, so "original titles" are not relevant at this time.

That said, the original titles that AMC used were actually taken from nitrate prints, and put onto the syndication prints. If the nitrate still exists 25+ years later, who's to say?

I do hope this project happens, but it's not looking good.

Rick Lanham

Unread post by Rick Lanham » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:04 pm

8 more days for the Kick Starter my friends.

Take a look at the $250 level, you get a heck of a lot of blu-rays and DVDs from this company,
plus support the fund raiser.

Rick
“The past is never dead. It's not even past” - Faulkner.