GoFundMe for LOST EMULSION and THE WENDY WILD STORY

NitrateVille-related crowdfunding projects for film and DVD releases, etc.
silentfilm

GoFundMe for LOST EMULSION and THE WENDY WILD STORY

Unread post by silentfilm » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:34 pm

https://www.gofundme.com/get-wendy-wild ... lsion-seen

Get Wendy Wild/Lost Emulsion Seen

Filmmaking is one thing, getting an audience is another. In the last two years, I made two feature length documentaries, THE WENDY WILD STORY, about my sister who was a punk/glam icon of 1980s New York's Lower East Side and LOST EMULSION, which focuses on lost films, and film preservation. Both films had limited release, but earned high praise, bought fascination, as well as laughs and tears to audiences.

These two films need to spread their wings and find wider audiences.
That is why I am fundraising here

Funds are needed to:

• Create new, dynamic social-media friendly trailers for both films.
• Build an Electronic Press Kit.
• Pave the way for more screenings.
• Making some fixes to both films themselves. For both films we need....

THE WENDY WILD STORY

.....a longer running time. This film now runs 51 minutes, and it can be longer. It would be great to fund the licensing of fun clips like this- 1970's NYC High Society critic Doris Lilly going off on Punk Rock in this Youtube Video -
Photo credit: George Dubose

LOST EMULSION

We could add more stories, and images of lost films and film restoration that came forth after the film was first theatrically shown in July 2016.

THE GOAL FOR THESE TWO FILMS

In the past, for a film to be successful, you needed festivals, and get a distributor, then hopefully get a nice check for a pre-sale, and it's all Easy-Street after that.
Not any more. Individual screenings at art houses, libraries, museums can bring in the audiences, and revenue. On-line self distribution helps as well.
In a sense, that buzz needs to be created!

Once funding starts, then work on both films can begin in earnest. If we surpass the $ 2,500 goal, than the further we can go. Check out the rewards for donating.

COOL GIFTS FOR DONATING

Every little bit helps- from a $10 donation and upwards. If you are here, you surely love movies and pop-art. Here are my donation levels-

• $ 15.00 - A THANK YOU on our webpage- lostemulsion.com
• $ 30.00 - A Thank You plus a link to two short videos of unused material
from both films.
• $ 40.00 - A link to both films (Private Vimeo files)
• $100.00 - A vintage movie poster mailed to you.
• $200.00 - A 20 minute Scype Session with me.
• $500.00 - All of the above and three posters/

THOSE COOL POSTERS

For a $100 donation, I will send you a cool vintage movie poster. These posters sized 26 inches by 42 inches are loud and wild- hey, they are selling movies. All of the posters are originals, and some have not aged well. They are all worthy of posting on a wall. Depending if they have pre-folds I may ship them folded, if not, in poster shipping tubes. We pay the postage costs. Since these posters are in limited supply, please note for your one poster- THREE CHOICES. Multiple donors may choose the same poster, I may have duplicates.