Jayne Regan bio?

Open, general discussion of classic sound-era films, personalities and history.
Lokke Heiss

Jayne Regan bio?

Unread post by Lokke Heiss » Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:01 pm

I just saw Thank You, Mr. Moto, and the female lead was Jayne Regan.

I checked her out on imbd, and she makes some films in the '30s, then falls off the map. It just says she died in 2000.

Any info about what happened to her?

Frederica

Re: Jayne Regan bio?

Unread post by Frederica » Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:01 am

Lokke Heiss wrote:I just saw Thank You, Mr. Moto, and the female lead was Jayne Regan.

I checked her out on imbd, and she makes some films in the '30s, then falls off the map. It just says she died in 2000.

Any info about what happened to her?
I did a wee search in the LA Times. Regan married a real estate poobah in 1939 (or so), seems to have retired from showbiz at that point. The two divorced acrimoniously in 1951. Don't find anything on her after that, perhaps she remarried.

Fred

Lokke Heiss

Unread post by Lokke Heiss » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:01 pm

Thanks. She's quite attractive in the Moto film, and has a sort of exotic look to her features...and does a good job in the limited duties asked of her. I actually believed she could be an expert in Chinese scrolls.

But then, after watching Kelly McGillis play a Top Gun flight instructor, perhaps my standards are permanently ruined.

The imdb shows that this Moto film was perhaps her largest part. A lot of actors got more attention, or more text written about them by doing less. I guess she got out 'so early' that she missed the foglight of promotion that has shone on a lot of lesser lights.