Judy Randall where are you?

Open, general discussion of classic sound-era films, personalities and history.
Changsham

Judy Randall where are you?

Unread post by Changsham » Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:00 pm

Hi all, anyone know anything about Judy Randall the drop dead gorgeous singer in Henry Busse's band as featured in the charming Starlit days at the Lido MGM short from 1935. This I believe is her only film appearance but what a memorable 15 minutes of fame she had. Can't find out any information about her.

I have attached links to Youtube clips of her. She appears in stunning blue gowns at the beginning of the first clip and at the end of the second clip. I love her singing of Hot Lips in the second clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsvVuHQD ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJGkSfly ... re=related

agd186

Re: Judy Randall where are you?

Unread post by agd186 » Wed May 30, 2018 6:46 pm

She died in 1972. Her real name was Gertrude Magee. She was married a couple times including to the bandleader Lee Bennett. A cousin of my grandmother.

moviepas

Unread post by moviepas » Thu May 31, 2018 4:47 am

Those links are not worth a dime. They come up with empty frames for both of them. I use You Tube RED and everything else comes up OK. Have they been withdrawn? There is no message in the blank frames to that effect.

Rick Lanham

Unread post by Rick Lanham » Thu May 31, 2018 8:10 am

moviepas wrote:Those links are not worth a dime. They come up with empty frames for both of them. I use You Tube RED and everything else comes up OK. Have they been withdrawn? There is no message in the blank frames to that effect.
You can see her at the link below, or do a search on Youtube for "Starlit Days at the Lido".

Last edited by silentfilm on Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Embedd YouTube link
“The past is never dead. It's not even past” - Faulkner.

silentfilm

Unread post by silentfilm » Thu May 31, 2018 11:29 am

Those links were from 2011, and YouTube obviously pulled them. Here's one that is still there.

Brooksie

Unread post by Brooksie » Thu May 31, 2018 2:54 pm

What a gorgeous piece of early Technicolor. It's interesting, you can always tell these early examples because they cram as much blue, yellow and purple into the frame as possible. I don't know that I've ever seen Ben Turpin in colour before!

Changsham

Unread post by Changsham » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:18 am

Great to see family members of long past movie and entertainment personalities come here with their stories. Thank you.
Starlit Days at the Lido also looks fantastic on DVD. The mind boggles to what it would look like in 2 or 4K.