Great threads from NitrateVille so far (2007-8)

Comments related to the operation of NitrateVille.
Mike Gebert
Site Admin

Great threads from NitrateVille so far (2007-8)

Unread post by Mike Gebert » Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:21 pm

“Maybe I’m an idealist, but I still think of the movie theater as a cathedral where we all go together to dream the dream together.” —Bernardo Bertolucci

boblipton

Unread post by boblipton » Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:25 pm

These are all fine threads, although my list of top threads would be slightly different.

But I was just checking and we've reached the point where we have 366 listed members. I know there are a lot of Nitatevillains who contribute one or two items, or who simply lurk. Yet it seems to me that you don't have to do the yeoman's work of Bruce Calvert in keeping us abreast of news stories and screenings, or exhibit the generosity of people who run festivals in order to contribute. I'm sure there are a lot of people out there who would like to make returns on some of the pleasures that the more obvious contributors to our hobby have offered us. Surely these lurkers and near-lurkers have questions that they wish to ask, or offers of help they wish to make. This seems as sensible a place as any to say: ask questions, offer opinions and help where you can. What you can contribute may seem to trivial to you, compared to what some give, but every bit of good will helps.

Bob
Look into the pewter pot
To see the world as the world's not.

-- A.E. Housman