Separate Board for Screenings

Comments related to the operation of NitrateVille.
Jim Roots

Separate Board for Screenings

Unread post by Jim Roots » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:16 am

Given the ephemeral nature of announcements of upcoming screenings, it might be practical to give them their own topic, so they can be removed more easily once the screening date has passed.

Both the "Silent News" and the "Talkie News" boards are becoming bloated with one-off postings of these announcements.

Jim

silentfilm

Unread post by silentfilm » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:20 pm

That's up to Mike. I wouldn't want to delete the screening information though. Many times people ask about whether or not a certain film still exists, and a quick search will show if it has been screened and where. Some of the screening announcements do include an article on the film or the venue or on the music accompaniment. I can understand how a short announcement of date, place and a title would not be interesting to most people.

Mike Gebert
Site Admin

Unread post by Mike Gebert » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:56 pm

Someone else emailed me about this, and given that the screening announcements are numerically the largest group of posts here, I can see the argument that they make it hard to find other things in the same board. So I'll create another board in both silents and talkies for screenings, though it may take me a while to move the old posts there.

I was really glad that Bruce was willing to post these things early in NitrateVille's history and agree with him that these can have interest longterm, so hopefully the new boards will give us the best of both worlds.
“I'm in favor of plagiarism. If we are to create a new Renaissance, the government should encourage plagiarism. When convinced that someone is a true plagiarist, we should immediately award them the Legion of Honor.” —Jean Renoir